drifting consequences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drifting consequences

ok i just watched the drift bible and i have been into drifting quite a while and are starting to try it out. What kind of trouble can you get in with the law if you are practicing like 180's in a parking lot?

exibition, reckless endangerment if there are any cars around maybe speeding, noise disturbance. i almost lost my license for drifting in town but the cop was pretty cool and gave me an improper turning ticket as apposed to failure to use signal for three seperate turns, speeding, reckless endangerment, exibition and a few others. since then i don't drift in public view.

Comment

The best idea is to check with the local law enforcement and ask them. Believe it or not, this is how Autocross is done. In a parking lot with cones. Most laws state that if you are in an empty lot and it is barricaded off with cones, you are ok. Drifting is a little different with the skid marks all over but basically the same.

In this case the police ore your best weapon in not getting a ticket.

Use them against themselves. Get a name and badge # when you do though, just to be safe.

Comment

Thanks guys for all your input, Im a going to check with law enforcement but i seem to already know that answer. They will prolly laugh and then just say no. There are really no tracks around my house so i am in a bind but hopefully there is some way i can get some practice and not get ticketed.

Comment

Working...
        X