Snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow!

so last nite a; friend and i decide to enjoy the senic views that can only be seen atop mountians here in so cal. about an hour b4 we left the sky began to fall. streets flooded, trees fell and the roads were slick. well we trecked up to the top of the mountain to see what we could see. it was raining too hard and then it stopped. it was replaced with hail then snow. yes here in socal it snowed last nite. we were on a windy mountian road with snow and ice covered roads. nothing says Drift like 3rd gear 2k rpms and wheel spin. weeeeeeee snow is fun. linking corners that shouldnt be linked by low HP cars at 20mph is soooo friken sweet. To top it off we both experienced understeer when the show got to be a few inches deep and felt the love of the guard rail. i love guard rails. i was expecting some love marks but no. just gentle re direction. made contact at 5 mph and maybe 5 or 6 degrees. sooo much fun.

i agree.

i went 4wd drifting yesterday with momīs Mitsubishi Outlander (SUV).. i could keep the car sideways for several hundred meters in really long turns.
    So cool

Comment

*shakes head*

Comment

man i wish i got snow down here. Ive never had a real snow and i just want t drive aorund in it. But hopefully this winter ill go somewhere and get my feet wet in the ways of snow.

Comment

Originally posted by KristianAE86
          (...) i could keep the car sideways for several hundred meters in really long turns.
          So cool
          YAY! Whole Europe is in snow! Weee...

Seriously now: there's a nice parking lot close to my place, it's quite spacious, and, most importantly, there aren't any people out there (including mushroom-heads), so I had a lot of fun sliding. Where else can you make continuous circles without making your brand new tires look like slicks? Snow is fun. Yay!

Comment

But now its raining again.......... :-(

Comment

Poor you... It's still snowing here

Comment

Snow is teh coolz0r. I remeber a while ago my dad was driving down this road during a snowstorm. There must have been like 10 cars just unintentionaly sliding corners with theyre fwd civics and hyundai accents. The funny thing is that some *Censored**Censored**Censored* with a 4wd cheeroke started speeding down a road filled with snow, it was some inexperienced driver. He basically didnt see a car in front of him and WAM, call the insurance cause ur boned.

Anyone who doesnt know what fun snow is should go to upstate ny during winter, beastly mountains and hills with no cops or or people for miles!

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
                  Snow is teh coolz0r. I remeber a while ago my dad was driving down this road during a snowstorm. There must have been like 10 cars just unintentionaly sliding corners with theyre fwd civics and hyundai accents. The funny thing is that some *Censored**Censored**Censored* with a 4wd cheeroke started speeding down a road filled with snow, it was some inexperienced driver. He basically didnt see a car in front of him and WAM, call the insurance cause ur boned.

Anyone who doesnt know what fun snow is should go to upstate ny during winter, beastly mountains and hills with no cops or or people for miles!
                  ya man upstate new york is the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* all year round. the mountains are sick from waht i rememebr, i gotta go back exploring sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by iownju
                    man i wish i got snow down here. Ive never had a real snow and i just want t drive aorund in it. But hopefully this winter ill go somewhere and get my feet wet in the ways of snow.
                    How true... The first and last time I ever saw snow (I'm from Southern Alabama... the idea of which seems kind of redundant...) was 8 years ago when I was in 6th grade. And there wasn't even enough to cover the ground, just sprinke them a little.

That's not to say the roads weren't slippery though...
                    Last edited by Valkyrie; 11-22-2004, 07:45 AM.

Comment

sigh...
                      It's almost December and still a flake of snow hasn't hit the ground...in Minnesota!!! It doesn't help that I'm on the southern end, but man, the last few winters have come oh so late. The last couple we've barely gotten snow that stayed before Santa came. That's sad.

Hmm, I should really get some new tires...and find my ice scraper, lol.

Oh, for those who have never had the pleasure of driving in snow/ice it's fun. It's a bit more technical though, smaller driver inputs minimal grip. Then you have types of snow, how much, and mixures of layers. All provide a different driving experience and feel. You can range from an almost unnoticable change while driving through a foot or two of dry fluffy snow to a near inability to even push or dig through the snow in wet, packable, heavy snow, to pretty much ice skating on 4 wheels on heavily packed snow or freezing rain. Then it can be mixed all together and appear seemingly random on the road. There'll be patches of glare ice coverd by a fresh layer of new snow. Or there could be some wet, melting snow turning to ice as temps drop quickly through the night. Slush the day before could turn to a very bumpy and rutted sheet of ice, ice with some grip.

It's all quite fun to play in, but it's hard to push a car hard unless you know exactly what's there. Roads can be so varied from day to day or point to point, you'd have to pre-check the road or drive it daily to know what to expect. Otherwise, it's the ditch for you. Don't worry, snow is soft...uness it melts and refreezes to something more like ice.

Great! Now I'm getting ancious for snow.
                      ...must...test...4wd...goodness...that...is...Suba ru...can't...wait...

Comment

Working...
                      X