homemade hood hah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homemade hood hah

ive worked with bondo in the past so i decided to try something with my stock 240 hood and it turned out pretty clean so i thought id just post some pics of it haha.. ill try to get closer and more clear pics of it when i can

BEFORE>

AFTER>

see this is why you dont let friends fingers get close to your car at night when its cold (thats not me btw its the funkin artist that wrote all over my funkin hood)
    Last edited by drojit_1; 12-17-2003, 02:02 AM.

nice pants. Express Men? (used to be Structure)

Comment

u,mmmmmm why are we worried about the pants lol.

Comment

Good job on the hood. I'd like to see it painted.

Comment

looks like your doing a silvia front with jus headlights and trying to make your 180sx(240sx) front work with it. its not that expensive for a complete front, i did it to my coupe couple years back for $800. Good job on the bondo though. Did u take the stock headlight covers and bondo it to the hood?

Comment

Good job on the hood. I'd like to see it painted.
            i painted it with duplicolors import auto spray.. toyota white and it matched the color of my car perfectly

looks like your doing a silvia front with jus headlights and trying to make your 180sx(240sx) front work with it. its not that expensive for a complete front, i did it to my coupe couple years back for $800. Good job on the bondo though. Did u take the stock headlight covers and bondo it to the hood?
            i spent about $430 on a carbon fiber hood off ebay.. i never recieved it.. i tried contacting them with no luck.. its been been over 2 months.. and i live in san diego and theyre located in la.. and shipping was only supposed to take 3-5 days.. so me and a friend drove up there about a week ago and couldnt find the store.. so i just decided to work on my hood and see how it would turn out.. i used aluminum sheet metal and cut them out to the shape i measured that needed to be covered.. drilled and counter sinked every inch and used rivets to hold the aluminum peices to the hood then i did the bondo which took me a full day to get perfect.. then masked off everything around the hood and used 2 cans of the duplicolor import auto spray (toyota white) for my white nissan haha perfect match.. it was a project that took about 2 and a half days to finished.. but i think it was a 2 and a half days well worth it and i had fun doing it too haha
            Last edited by drojit_1; 12-17-2003, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Re: homemade hood hah

Originally posted by drojit_1
              ive worked with bondo in the past so i decided to try something with my stock 240 hood and it turned out pretty clean so i thought id just post some pics of it haha.. ill try to get closer and more clear pics of it when i can

BEFORE>

AFTER>

see this is why you dont let friends fingers get close to your car at night when its cold (thats not me btw its the funkin artist that wrote all over my funkin hood)
              HEY!. didn't i met up with you on the first San Diego MEET?.. at starbucks at clairemont?

aren't you there?.. i use to have the Silver Celica.. now REd FC..

oh by the way.. nice job on the hood.

Comment

haha yea i remember you.. you got a fc now? nice.. whens the next meet? im trying to get my car in shape for it hah

Comment

haha yea i remember you.. you got a fc now? nice.. whens the next meet? im trying to get my car in shape for it hah
                  yeah.. I'll keep you updated on the next meet. I want to see your silvia front conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by C0urage
                    nice pants. Express Men? (used to be Structure)
                    HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Comment

Then he never responded...

Comment

Then he never responded...
                        why respond when thats not me hah

Comment

the hood looks pretty nice all w/ bond-O you say?

Comment

Next meet is here

Looks good. Hey whats the comapny you bought from, ill make some calls if youd like.

Comment

hey man, do you mind posting a better picture of the hood, I might be doing some thing like that in the future (insert poor)

Comment

Working...
                              X