US Drift 2004 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Drift 2004 Schedule

The schedule is now official and here is the deal for the events.

Each stop will feature.

US Drift Schools-Professional driving instructors doing classroom and on course training.

US Drift Session-Open practice

US Drift National-Competitions, limited to 40 drivers, top 8 into final. Cash and prize purse paid first through sixth.

Also new for 2004 is that Grassroots Motorsports Magazine has come in BIG time and is the Presenting Sponsor for all US Drift events. If you don't know about GRM they are a hardcore enthusiast road race, autocross, rally and now drift magazine that has been around for 15 years. Check them out.

And now the schedule.

March 13 California Speedway/SoCal
    April 4 Ocala GP/Orlando, FL
    June 6 Old Dominion Speedway/Northern VA/MD
    July 10 Summit Point Raceway/Washington DC
    July 24-25 Tire Rack Proving Grounds/South Bend, IN
    August 21 Lowes Speedway/Charlotte, NC
    Sept. 11 Sears Point Raceway/NorCal
    Oct. 2-3 VIR/Danville, VA
    ***********Championship Event***********************
    Nov 6-7 Las Vegas Speedway/Las Vegas, NV

****NEW for 2004****
    US Drift will crown a Champion. To qualify for the Championship event you must run 1 US Drift National or select other sanctioning body competitions (Announced soon). Invites will be mailed in advance and the field is limited to 125 drivers. This is going to be HUGE! The purse is being finalized at this time but it is already over $15,000 and some HUGE prizes (Just wait, this will blow you away)

For more info hit www.usdrift.com
    Or email me at mike@usdrift.com
    Last edited by Apex Killer; 12-22-2003, 07:16 AM.

will you accept UK D1 drivers? obviously it will be expensive for us to compete. but i would very much like to compete with you guys. Is this the sanctioned D1 series for the US? cus it appears that there are many conflicting series going on?

Comment

This is not a D1 event. US Drift has been doing drift events in the States since 2002 and is sanctioned by the National Auto Sport Association which is a road racing group that has been doing events for 15 years.
      We are not closing the doors, if you want to ship a car from England and come run, do it.

There are a lot of drift events in 2004 but none are conflicting as most of us are cool with one another and work together when we can.

Comment

edit. cheers man
        Last edited by DRIFTone; 12-18-2003, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTone
          woah! would love to ship my car over! but thats seriously expensive! I'm wondering if maybe thier would be cars availible for UK D1 drivers to use at the event? it depends wether you run twin events or not?

Im desperatly trying to get out there to compete though. Im even considering a move to the US just to drift! it seems that you have many more events than we do here! Also i feel that if i have any intention of increasing my profile as a driver i NEED to be there, competing and showing that us brits can hold our own

To compete, we would definatley need some kind of sponsorship. Accomodation (sleeping bags and couches) travel to events (not from UK) and a car for us to run. pref RHD lol I would like to disscuss this further if you have the time? Do you have a contact telephone number i can reach you on? cheers!
          Maybe we should get in touch? I'm planning on going over from Norway with a team mate, and if we ship all our cars together we might get a better deal. I've raced in UK before, and might be able to get my car there cheap using my old connections It would be great to show the americans how to drift

Comment

i would like to take my car, but its gonna be VERY expensive and i cant justify that cost! Definatley gonna find a way to get involved and compete though. But we'll hook up for sure if your guys get over there! now wheres my passport....

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTone
              i would like to take my car, but its gonna be VERY expensive and i cant justify that cost! Definatley gonna find a way to get involved and compete though. But we'll hook up for sure if your guys get over there! now wheres my passport....
              Well, don't give up just yet. Have you contacted any shipping companys and told them about your wish? You might get someone to sponsor the shipping you know. But it depends on your car though. I have a full out driftcar that I'm getting to know, and hiring another car is not something I'd like to do. I'd rather spend some time trying to get sponsorship.

Comment

woah! checked out your site man! you guys rock! v.nice, v.nice indeed. you should come over to England for D1 for sure! Stay at my place no problem

So out of interest, what kind of price are you looking at to ship a car to the US?

Comment

also, i might well be looking at shipping 3 cars if the cost is reasonable. the only thing that worries me is time. we would have to ship out for march if we want to goto the first contest then have the cars back to england for UK D1 round one... I think i would have to make a choice to compete in the US for the season or the UK....

Comment

Guys, and I told Driftone this on the phone but I have a LOT of connections to guys that rent road race cars. Stuff like RX7s, BMW, Miata (MX5), 240SX. FOr about $500 a day you have a car with full adjustability. It is set up to road race but again these cars are full adjustable so tweaks are easy to do.

Comment

i was wondering actually. for me i would really like to get hold RHD if i go that route. would this be possible? Anything S14/S13/HCR32/FD3S would be nice But i would like to consider bringing my own car, i would be the most comfortable in it and perform at my best.

I know a couple of compies over there ahve some RHD 180sx's lol

I'll get some info to you for Monday mike. Meeting with the drivers for a drift session this weekend.

Comment

A RHD rental race car is pretty damn rare here in the States. There are a few companies (Signal, Tein) that seem to have a number of RHD cars always sitting around but you better have an inside connection it's not like they are rentals

Comment

look,how do i enter?who do i talk to?

Comment

apex, hope this year the infineon leg wont get cancelled. looking forward in 04

Comment

The US Drift site will be up 1/1 you can register there for all the events. Go to www.usdrift.com or you can email me at mike@usdrift.com

And Infineon/Sears got cancelled due to our office getting wrecked by Hurricane Isabel, we still are not back to 100% but short of the same thing happening again (And it has been like 50 years since the last one hit Richmond) we will be there.

Comment

Working...
                              X