Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to drift a FF car????

Hi all,

I always here people say "I can drift with my FF car." Now my question is, is it really possible? My understanding is the law of physics won't allow a FF car drift. The only time a FF car drifts is by pulling the e-brake only. I notice that there are different school of thoughts out there, some people will argue that using e-brake is not true drifting or is not a technique an advance drifter will use under normal circumstance(except understeering). Please correct me if I'm Wrong.

An age-old question, and people are gonna say "I'm sick of hearing about this"

It is possible to oversteer in a FF without pulling the E, but going around a turn sideways while counter steering and applying power has yet to be done in a FF...

-MR

Comment

It really does depend on your own definition of drift, since there really isnt one. Is a$$ draggin drifting??? totally up to you.

Comment

i think that its totaly possable but its not drifting. its in its on class like ff drift its totaly differnt style and technique. but u will not be able to smoke ur tires, but its in its on class. well thats my .02cent

p.s but i mean if u can only have an ff its still fun as hell and isnt drifting all about have fun.

Comment

i can FF drift without using the e-brake. Yes there is FF drifting. Believe it or not but FF has more control in a drift. You can always get a steering brake for a FF, but nobody knows about that.

Comment

yeah but you'll get your a$$ whooped in a competition.

Comment

Re: Is it possible to drift a FF car????

Originally posted by Silvia-S14
              Hi all,

I always here people say "I can drift with my FF car." Now my question is, is it really possible? My understanding is the law of physics won't allow a FF car drift. The only time a FF car drifts is by pulling the e-brake only. I notice that there are different school of thoughts out there, some people will argue that using e-brake is not true drifting or is not a technique an advance drifter will use under normal circumstance(except understeering). Please correct me if I'm Wrong.
              Are you new in the whole drifting scene?
              if so, Welcome.

Anyways. the best place i can refer you to is at.

www.driftsession.com
              they're a school for drifting in hawaii. They practice with FF car setup. Just email them with any physics questions you may have.

as for drift racing, you will not win if you keep drifting your car in a competition. If its only for show, you have to practice hard.

pyce

Comment

like the other people have said, it depends on your idea of what a drift really is. i believe it is possible to drift in a FF but then again i have never tried. u could always make your FF a AWD .
                even if your car cant drift, i could still be a kick @$$ track car.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J_cham979
                  like the other people have said, it depends on your idea of what a drift really is. i believe it is possible to drift in a FF but then again i have never tried. u could always make your FF a AWD .
                  even if your car cant drift, i could still be a kick @$$ track car.
                  2 Steps ahead of you:
                  AWD 400hp CRX coming in '04...

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                    2 Steps ahead of you:
                    AWD 400hp CRX coming in '04...

-MR

400hp?!? what are you smoking dude? Whatever drivetrain you chose to use, wether it's a crv or the civic wagon. It will never handle 400hp. quit BS'n

Comment

FF Drift

I dont completely understand what the big deal about is.

400 horsepower, is definately a pretty good number if you want the tires to keep spinning to 2nd, if your really good, you should be able to spin them into 3rd.

Taking out traction control, and using the e-brake precisely, An FF drift is possible.

One key fact is to use the e-brake and the steering wheel to steer the car. Locking the rear tires, unlocking, and locking, is the best way to get the car to move.

And keep them fronts spinning. Even though the tires may not be gripping directly to the ground, the steering wheel is still a very vital part in steering the car, just keep those wheels spinning.

FF cars are be far the hardest cars to drift. And of course, practice makes sooooo much perfect.

Gtalmond

Comment

Re: FF Drift

Originally posted by Gtalmond
                        ...the steering wheel is still a very vital part in steering the car...
                        Glad we got that straight

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by TokyoDrifterxo7
                          400hp?!? what are you smoking dude? Whatever drivetrain you chose to use, wether it's a crv or the civic wagon. It will never handle 400hp. quit BS'n
                          Who said it was gonna be a Honda drivetrain...

-MR

Comment

i'm going to go ahead and say it's not possible.

I think it can be done on smaller radius turns; however, I have yet to see someone FF drift (from coner entry to corner exit) a very large curve. Larger radius curves require entery speeds of upwards to 100 miles an hour.

Pulling the e-brake or tapping the brake at those speeds would be downright life threatening.

I think it would reqiure nearly impossible E-brake work to control the the car at those speeds.

High speed drifting at large radius turns is an almost requirement for a mastery of drifting.

FF drifting would eventually leave the driver in a amatuer level, no matter how far he/she get's in hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                              An age-old question, and people are gonna say "I'm sick of hearing about this"

It is possible to oversteer in a FF without pulling the E, but going around a turn sideways while counter steering and applying power has yet to be done in a FF...

-MR
                              wtf are you smokin?ive done it and i know others that have done it. its never been done before my A$$. the question is in your own definition of drifting

Comment

Working...
                              X