Anti Drift Faction...watch out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Drift Faction...watch out.

Everyone should get a kick out of this. After you read this, remember that it is racing GAMES we are talking about. A friend of mine spoke to this guy on AIM and he drives a Neon and has never competed in any real motorsports.

Enjoy. Oh yea, his AIM name is Lazer57245 if you want to say hi.

read what.....?

Comment

I think he means this
      http://www.teampseg.com/adf/

Comment

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...man thats good stuff...and this is for LFS? jeeze...

Comment

lmao those guys are wasting their time. poor souls...

Comment

Basically that weirdo is saying that he despises drifting cause' its taking all tha attention away from what eva he does or i dunno,but thats just asinine

Comment

it's funny when people can't pick up a skill and master it they decide to hate it.

Comment

yknow...this is strangely reminiscient of the KKK or something.
                ". . .but we do not wish to see [drifting events] infect our culture and poison the masses any further."

i think its pretty funny how this guy's making such a big deal out of all this when all he does is play racing simulators.
                Last edited by Munch; 12-09-2004, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Munch
                  yknow...this is strangely reminiscient of the KKK or something.
                  ". . .but we do not wish to see [drifting events] infect our culture and poison the masses any further."

i think its pretty funny how this guy's making such a big deal out of all this when all he does is play racing simulators.
                  ha ha. You "drifter lovers".

Comment

I think he means this
                    YEa, what he said....

Comment

Where do I begin w/ this...numbnut?

1) Anti Drift Faction? [No comment necessary...as this "faction" is already laughable. Are we going to see this "faction" protesting at our local drift events?]
                      2) ...we do not wish to see drifting events infect our culture and poison the masses any further. [Infect our culture? Coca Cola and Pepsi has infected our culture. Walmart and McDonald's has infected our culture. Ebay has infected our culture....]
                      3) The Anti-Drift Faction wishes to recruit fellow driving game fans (or sim racing fans, if you prefer) who support our views against drifting, and spread our word throughout various racing games infected with drift culture. As a team, we can warn drifters of the damage they bring upon themselves and their country, and turn the motorsport culture back to what really matters: proper racing. [They can warn drifters of the damage they bring upon themselves AND their COUNTRY??? Let's see...you may crash and get hurt...and it'll affect the USA? WTF are you talking about!!!!]
                      4) ...educating the public about the evils of drifting. [Yeah...edjumicate me]
                      5) We believe drifting has no place in motorsport, or in any form of popular culture. It's a careless and dangerous practice that attracts immature and uneducated people, and encourages them to handle a vehicle in an irresponsible manner. [I understand that there are people who do not classify drifting as a form of motorsport. Fine. But claiming that it is a careless and dangerous practice? That is why events are held at a race track. Why it attracts the immature and uneducated? I can say that about a NASCAR event. I can even say that about a basketball game. Ever see the "quality" of the individuals that may attend these events? In terms of handling a vehicle in a irresponsible manner...again...that is why events are held on a race track.]
                      6) I've watched the drifting culture expand over recent times, and while I originally paid no attention to it, I have noticed its slow contamination of our society. [Contamination? How about global takeover. You can blame it on the Japanese. They are credited w/ starting it. Go play some flight simulator games and use those planes to bomb them again...see if that'll help. Geez.]
                      7) I see subpar anime like Initial D glorify drifting, convincing fools that the fastest way around mountain roads requires drifting. I read various drift messageboards online, with young people brainwashed by the drift culture saying a small and efficient Japanese car can easily beat powerful American cars simply by drifting. [Dude...it is a CARTOON! Much like GI Joe, He-Man, and the Thundercats. Maybe if you look at yourself in the mirror...you'll have a rippling biceps, a green tiger...and fight off Skelator.]
                      8) I hear various stories about teenagers trying to drift and show off around full hotel parking lots, nearly crashing and harming people (and cars) within their vincinity. [And I hear about people driving while putting on makeup or even drinking behind the wheel. But these are only a few compared to the mass majority.]
                      9) These drifters are attempting to get auto companies to join in on making good "drift cars", driving their attention away from race car programs. The same goes for video games, as drifters seem to demand that any good racing game must cater to their cause, regardless of the programmers' intents. [You think the only way for auto companies to LEARN is to run race car programs? If so, you are sorely mistaken. Tell that to the Mazda engineers who were FASCINATED by a rotary engine powered lawn mower at Sevenstock. Tell that to BMW Designworks who designs everything from cars, to handbags, to office chairs.]
                      10) This emerging drift culture needs to be driven back to the unknown status it had many years ago, so that true racing fans and gaming fans will not suffer in the future. [Yeah...we know what you are trying to do. No comment...Mr True Racing Fan.]
                      11) I know I'm not alone. I may currently be in the minority with my views on drifting, but I am most certainly not alone. [No comment needed]
                      12) THAT is why I'm starting this faction. Drifters have not come across enough opposition to their ways, and we intend to help change that. [Again...no comment needed]
                      13) We are looking for sim racers to join our movement (obviously). [A movement of sim racers??? Wow! If Saddam didn't stand a fighting chance against the US...what makes you think you are able to stop the drifting culture?]
                      14) Race Team Members - For sim racers who wish to help fight the drift culture in online racing and have some fun racing with teammates along the way. [Please see 13]
                      15) RACE TEAM MEMBER REQUIREMENTS:
                      1. You must be a sim driver who opposes drifting at least somewhat. You must be willing to voice your opinion and support the anti-drift movement. [A sim driver...that says it all]
                      2. Racing skill is not important -- we accept drivers of any skill level. However, you should show an ability to safely drive in-game without becoming a constant danger to other drivers. [I'm Michael Schumacher of the sim world. Great!]
                      3. You must be a clean and polite driver as much as possible. Being a constant and absolute jerk on a server while supporting our cause makes us look really bad, and that we really can't have that. [So if I have stains on my race suit and yell obscenties at the screen...I don't qualify? What if I fart while I'm driving? No one would notice but me.]
                      4. Having a sense of humor helps, too. We're in this for fun just as much (if not more) as we're against needless drifting. [I think I have a sense of humor. I'm already laughing at you]
                      16) TO JOIN THE TEAM...Please state which of the Anti-Drift Faction's racing teams you would like to join, or if you simply want to join the faction. Also, please include your name in-game, what country you're from, your date of birth, what type of control setup you use in-game (Keyboard, mouse, joystick/controller, or wheel), and the car # you would like (provided it hasn't been taken already). If I don't receive some of this information from you, it will probably be requested eventually, so don't worry if you forget something. [Why do you need to know country and date of birth? Why are you even assigning car #s if you are not even a sanctioned racing event/association?]
                      17) Upon receiving your request to join, if you wish to become a member of one of our current race teams, I will probably want to setup a time to meet you on a public server. There, I will race against you and observe you to determine if you are a safe driver, among other things. Once I'm satisfied (which isn't that tough, really), you're in. Sometimes I'll skip this step if I already trust the driver, or if the driver's ability is already well-known.[So you're going to test me...because you are the Michael Schumacher of the racing sim world? I thought I was the Michael Schumacher? Battle to the death! There can only be ONE Michael Schumacher.]
                      18) I hope this has made the Anti-Drift Faction's cause more understandable for you, and I also hope you'll consider joining us in attempting to end the needless drifting that plagues this world. If we make even a small difference, or get noticed in even the most minor of ways, then this movement will be worth any trouble we may encounter.
                      -Lazer PsEG
                      [you are just too funny.]

Comment

i dont know about you guys, but i know i'm joining...

Comment

i am SO joining

Comment

My only question would be, how can you hurt yourself by wrecking a video game car? What do you fall out of your chair and twist an ankle?

Hell, maybe i'll join too. You can do more damage from the inside rather than from the outside.

Comment

Hey guys I think they're jealous that we can actually drive real cars. Who cares what they think bunch of retards. If they knew anything they'd know that drifting isnt that new and has been in Japan for over ten years. I also like how every member is not from Japan. I guess ignorance should also be a requirement of joining the cult i mean faction.

Comment

Working...
                              X