NISSAN sentra drift car!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NISSAN sentra drift car!!!!

i am working on a truly unique drift car and would like some feedback on it.
    its a work in progress.
    the plan is:
    take a 91' sentra and put axles from a nissan p/u or a 180/240sx on it and get a friend at a machine shop to fabricate me some motor mounts and a drive shaft for an SR20DET S-13.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hey heres some feedback----- your drift car is gonna be the most awaited drift machine of the century- i can hardly wait to see how it turns out- Shifter

Comment

HOLY CRAP. Those old Sentra SE-R editions, the rectangle bodied ones, just look like really simple and nice cars. You wanna stick an SR20 in it, all i can say go for it. It sounds awesome but actually carrying the project out should prove to be more than a challenge. Just ask some of the 'Wiser' people on the board about what your doing and I bet theyll happily post theyre feedback. Good Luck!

PS- Can we get some pics!?!

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
          HOLY CRAP. Those old Sentra SE-R editions, the rectangle bodied ones, just look like really simple and nice cars. You wanna stick an SR20 in it, all i can say go for it. It sounds awesome but actually carrying the project out should prove to be more than a challenge. Just ask some of the 'Wiser' people on the board about what your doing and I bet theyll happily post theyre feedback. Good Luck!

PS- Can we get some pics!?!
          lol, the SR20 is already in that, just not a DET, and not rwd.

Comment

yeah thats what i was going to say, but its in a ff layout so i think he has to get a new one eney way right? well as long you pull this off it should be hella cool!

Comment

Dpending on how mechanically you are, this will end two ways. This will either end in a really sweet drift car, or you being found in 6 months lying in the foetal position crying softly to himself surrounded by scattered sentra parts.

Comment

would make a hell of a sleeper
                Last edited by solex; 12-09-2004, 08:33 PM.

Comment

does this look like a hardcore dorifto car to anyone? looks like my grandmas car-- no offense to anyone who has one of course....

actually it kinda looks ae86sish
                  Attached Files

Comment

if you can good on you, ca18det or rb20det would be a good engine if your on a buget you can pick up rb20s down here for less than $1000 us approx and with minimal mods you could pump out 200-300kw but if i was you living in the old u s of a i would import an rb26dett from japan and bolt it up to a camaro or another one of your domestics and find some jerk who watches the nhra who calls japanese cars rice and trash and things off the sort and clean up his tank of a v8 on the drag strip and then wait till he congratulates you on a fine machine and show him your 2.6 litre nissan inline 6 twin turbo charged machine.

Comment

hehe, that would be sweet. Reminds me of the time my friends 240 (sr swap) raced my other friends Camaro SS. SS won but still a good race.

anyways, Good luck with the project. I would think its lots of cash but there are lots of FWD SR20DETs sitting in japan, bet you could pick 1 up for cheap. Also, i would love to see this thing run up aginst the RWD Integra around here (on these boards anways) that would be crazy to see. A Teggy and a Sentra Sliding around a turn....talk about confusion.

Comment

The Sentra sounds really nice. I've always been a fan of sleepers.
                        I'm wondering, how would you be able to get a longitudal driveshaft from the engine (in the front) to the rear wheels? (unless if you're going to dump the engine into the trunk)

A Teggy and a Sentra Sliding around a turn....talk about confusion.
                        You forgot the almighty golf-carts, minvans, bulldozers, shopping carts...etc.

Comment

yay old school SE-Rs, the first Nissan i truely fell in love with.... its the car that got me into Nissans in the first place. and to think of one sliding around turns... does it get any better? best of luck man...

Comment

You do realize that you are going to be fabricating alot more than just motor mounts right? If you plan on Drifting it, odd are that you want to go RWD. If you want that then fire up the torch and break out the welder. If this is indeed what you mean when you say "axles from a pickup or 240" cause none of that stuff is going to just "bolt in". Sounds like a whole lot of work for no reason. Bout like that teggy that guy did. Spun out on every turn. If you want to see what your car would handle like, get a late 70's 510. About the same set up.

Waste of money. Not to tromp on your dreams but you could spend about 3k less and have a nice 240 and already be sliding instead of sitting in your garage.

Why oh why do you people insist on these out of orbit sliders? Me, I would rather be able to go to Autozone if I broke something at an event and be back on the track than have to fab a new part or order something and end my dauy pissed. But to each his own.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth

Waste of money. Not to tromp on your dreams but you could spend about 3k less and have a nice 240 and already be sliding instead of sitting in your garage.

very good point. i suppose it adds to the mystery though when u see a "FF" drifting..... it makes people stand up and take notice of someone branching out instead of being traditional

Comment

Working...
                              X