Sign Post: 1 Buddyworm: 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign Post: 1 Buddyworm: 0

Well, my car got its first scars today. It's winter and there's snow all over so hey, all it takes is a little extra throttle to oversteer and you don't have to be going very fast. Basically, I tried to link two close corners, didn't steer into the second one soon enough and wound up sliding too far to the outside and clipped a signpost with my front-right fender. So now it's pushed in about 1 and 1/2 inches relative to the door. Sigh.

I was surprised though, it's not as scratched as I'd expected, if I can take the fender off and pop it back into shape (relatively at least) then I'll be a happy camper. Any tips?

And to make this thread more interesting. Let's hear your stories of your first battle scars.

B-Wurm

Cmon, 74 views and no one's even called me a dumbass? How sad! :P

B-Wurm

Comment

sux

Comment

Well it happens, what can i say. Im not gonna call you a dumass though, the important thing is that you tried, but you shoudlve tried harder! ^^ well i hope you fix it, just get a rock and hammer, than youll be a happy camper!

Comment

I'm guessing you drive an s13? just get a new fender

Comment

if you go to a kragen or something like that they have these little plungers things that can plunge out some dents for like 3 dollars. they aslo have this bigger corkscrew thing that would prob. work good for a biggrer dent liek your describing.

good job for trying, people try to talk crap when you crash your car when drifting, those people must not drift because you do crash while drifting

Comment

^^Yeah, that's what I was thinking. My mom's got these suction cups she uses to hang christmas decorations and they stick like glue, so I might tie them up to some rope and just haul on it If the metal's been "stretched" then it'll be buggered so I'd hafta try and get it into some semblance of shape using a rubber mallet.

If all else fails I'll just get a new-used fender, but I'm not exactly wild about running around with a two-tone car right now hehe.

B-Wurm

Comment

Working...
              X