D1GP Rigged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1GP Rigged?

I know that there's a thread about feedback, but I have to get this off of my chest.

I watched Rhys Millen get screwed out of a championship. He clearly beat Immamura (A'PEXi FD3S). The second run was clean and clear that Rhys beat him. Most of the American drivers really didn't do too well.

I just feel this is complete *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored* that he was told to run two more runs, and even in those two runs, he still had good clean runs. Anyways... God bless America!

Any got the vid of that run?

Does not suprise me that they would pick any jap over A kiwi to win. Guess the GTO is a bit to much for them to handle lol.

How did Sam do, whick car did he drive.

Comment

Guess the GTO is a bit to much for them to handle lol.
      lol. probably.

Comment

give more info man

Comment

yes please give more info

how so was it clear that rhys beat immamura?

Comment

I saw that run as well and i do feel that the FD did win...it was hella close...

Comment

I would have video to prove it, but my camera video died

On the first run, Immamura and Rhys both had clean runs. Since Rhys's car has more momentum than the FD, Rhys has a slightly slower entry speed which made him trail a litte compared to the FD. He cought up by the end of the judged track. Which makes the whole run technically tie with advantage on the FD.

On the second run, Rhys did his patented slow entry on his second run. Immamura tried to back off of Rhys's *Censored**Censored**Censored* too late and ended up spinning out while Rhys kept his run clean and clear. The judges turned around and expected us to say "One More Time." I responded with, "No More Time."

It was clear that the GTO had beaten the A'PEXi FD3S. On the fallowing two runs, Rhys kept up with the FD, and the FD kept up with the GTO. According to the judges, the first of the second set of laps makes the FD the winner.

Keiichi, you can go home.

Comment

meh.
                by now i would expect most people to catch on to the fact that D1 is very subjective and unfair. you really just have to go with it though. just accept the fact, really.

Comment

Oh I knew it was like that man... But it's alway different seeing it in person.

Comment

Well, Life isn't fair at all.
                    I am Japanese in the USA so I really know it.
                    Same to that GTO, he is american in Japan, that could cause a lot of unfairness.

I havent seen the video so I cannot say if GTO should win or lose.

Comment

Did I totally imagine it or did Rhys Millen's GTO take out the cone on the #2 clipping point on the round where they said he beat out Ernie??? I could be mistaken but I could have sworn I saw him send that thing flying. I don't think Rhys should have even been in the final round.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
                        I would have video to prove it, but my camera video died

On the first run, Immamura and Rhys both had clean runs. Since Rhys's car has more momentum than the FD, Rhys has a slightly slower entry speed which made him trail a litte compared to the FD. He cought up by the end of the judged track. Which makes the whole run technically tie with advantage on the FD.
                        You failed to mention that Rhys spun out at the very end of the judged portion of the course. Thus the first run was judged 10-0 in favor of the FD. When Imamura spun in the second round, it led to an auotmatic rematch as it was a perfect tie.

Comment

Matt you're SOOOO biased. All this anti-japanese sentiment shouldnt carry over into drifitng. Rhys, Foresburg, and Gushi were the only americans that could keep up with the japanese. The japanese entry speeds are just INSANE (Tanner Foust got some good ones, but he came in too hot on a few and couldnt link the second sweeper). Fixmer won by default because Chunky hit him, as far as Rhys and Imamura....I'm not sure. All I know is that Imamura was consistant the whole night, at the beginning he was the only one that found the correct line so he wouldnt hit the bumps. During the Suiso with Millen, on one of the runs the GTO got too much angle on the last turn and slowed to a stop and the judges called that a spin (not sure if he was trying to prevent himself from hitting the FD or what) . That definately contributed to Rhys losing.

Whether you like it or not the Japanese ARE better than us. It's their sport, they've been doing it longer, and until we get up to the Japanese level then D1 will look exactly like this. Formula D is where the Americans shine, D1 is a humbling experience.

And for the person who asked, Sam didn't drive in this event.
                          Last edited by Weapon X; 12-20-2004, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to say that I feel it was a huge step for the American drivers regardless of the outcome. There was a certain feeling in the audience and it was great to see so many fans supporting all the Americans. Huge props to everyone. It is quite clear the bar has been pushed up again.

Comment

If what you say is accurate you need to consider something. If you have a slow entry speed, it is just that, you are slower. (by the way, if you have more momentum you are going faster, your comment on momentum makes no sense.) If you are saying his car is big and heavy and that is why his entry speeds are slower, you are still flat wrong. While it may be heaver than other cars, his car is not THAT heavy. If you have ever seen a chaser it is easily bigger than the GTO and they throw down entry speeds that match S13, 86, FD... all of them.

No matter who wins people allways cry about it. If you are going to whine and piss about how the D1 is rigged don't go to the events. It is a show, and it doesn't say, "This is a non-biased 100% fair event" either. Not being fair is why there are underdogs, not being fair is why there are upset victories. They won't miss you in the stands and you won't hurt ticket sales either... You go home.

Comment

Working...
                              X