fontana d1 VIP???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fontana d1 VIP???

did anyone else here feel cheated from the VIP bands from the d1 thing. i personally feel really cheated that my seats were *Censored**Censored**Censored* compared to the free seats on the otherside of the track. i was just wondering if anyone here on the site knew how this happened. i know $10 isnt that much, but when u consider that they got $10 from everyone in the VIP grandstand thats a grip of cash. i dunno, just wondering if anyone can clear anything up or if anyone feels the same way i do.

I paid 10 bucks for one... yea, I feel dumb for considering buying one.

Comment

that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* was *Censored**Censored**Censored*.....tell me how the D1 wheree...

Comment

absolutely. I was moaning about it to my friend last night over coffee. My seat had a good shot of the first turn in but after that everything took place in front of the opposite side...not to mention the announcers, crowd participation, video option film crew...everything was in the free section. It was a MAJOR rip off. What kills me is I mistakenly walked to the free side while they were bringing the cars in and my friend called to tell me I was on the wrong side. I walked all the way back over there to my crappy VIP seating when I coulda stayed put and got a better view. I didn't even take any pictues because it was pointless. My freaking videos look like they were shot through binoculars. Really lame. I guess I don't feel too bad....I saw the Amemiya team not far to my right, Cusco down below, and people from Rotora right in front of me. It must really suck to have had cars/sponsored drivers out there and you couldn't even watch them from the proper area. In a sense those guys got shafted worse than I did.

Comment

it was the samething for me... i was on the otherside but then my friend called me and told me he bought me and my friends vip bands so i ended up going to the crappier side. thats kinda why i wrote the post. i wanted to know if anyone here knew how the mixup happened. my buddy doent't have the best job in the world and the vip seants is a good chunk of his paycheck. i think it was really crappy for the people that put the thing together to mislead everyone that these seats would be better.

Comment

stop crying, the vip seats were the best . besides its only 10 bucks. a big chunk of his paycheck? what the hell does he do for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by s13homer
              stop crying, the vip seats were the best . besides its only 10 bucks. a big chunk of his paycheck? what the hell does he do for a living.
              No, the VIP section seats sucked.

Comment

agree vip section sucked, i went to the free side after sitting in the vip section.

Comment

Where I sat in VIP for D1 I had a view of the entry all the way to the end of the course.

Where I sat in VIP for JGTC I had a poor view of where the last turn for D1 would have been.

The advantage of the VIP was that the area was not as crowded as the opposite side grand stands.

The other side should have been VIP even with the longer walk.

I still had fun even though things could have been setup differently.

Comment

I couldn't understand the whole VIP thing, they weren't bad seats but I had a great time (right up against the fence on turn 2 ), Tsuchiya, Orido and Suzuki definetly had the best seats of course.

Comment

I believe the whole VIP thing is just for your convenience. Its not necessarily better seats, its just saving you that 10 minute walk around the track to sit down.

Comment

Yea i was being real cheap about the event becuase i have been to a few in the past.
                        There is always the chance of bumping into some one and getting a free pass, media pass etc etc etc.

I got in and headed striaght to the pit area, i ended up staying there most of the day saturday becuase a lot of the drivers where there, not to mention the free food and drinks gushi (the Dad not Ken) was giving me.

The view from the non VIP grand stands was nice but it was killing my back so i had to get up.
                        Damn those chain link fences suck, they ruin almost every photo you try to take.
                        The walk though that sucked, as i was walking through the infield on sunday night i steped into a pot hole and twisted my ankle.......

O well maybe next time it will be setup better.

Max

Comment

well, he bought himself one and he bought me and 4 other guys the bands too. so it was a good chunk of change when the seats were crap.

Comment

I'm lost, are you guys talking about the terrace suites or just outdoor VIP?

Comment

I really lucked out there. Me and my dad accidently parked our van in the best seats. It was directly across from the 1st turn (the "u"). And I mean directly across from the center of the road. Man it kicked butt!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X