Yoshioka's car in the D1GP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoshioka's car in the D1GP

does anyone know what kind of engine he is running in this car? and maybe some mods...pics would be gret too! i know someone had to have snapped some pics at the last d1 while his hood was popped.

i believe his car was all motor 20v (4age)... but don't take my word for it, i'm also interested in that as well.

-Will

Comment

Thats what I thought as well (20v). But my friend swears that it is a 16v. we have a little friendly bet going on about this so any proof or pics would help settle it. thanks...

Comment

can't be 16v... jdm stock is a 1.6 20v (4age) or a 1.6 supercharged (4agze) i think 16v is the usdm motor.

correct me if i'm wrong. but i'm sure i heard the announcer @ jgtc say 20v all motor. and the yellow hachi/upgarage is turbo charged.

Comment

You are wrong, 20v came out in later model FWD truenos and levins. The 86 truenos and levins came with the same motor the gts corollas did here. I have no clue if there was a trim that had a carbed motor but I would assume so.

Comment

from the looks of my pics its a 20v

Comment

Originally posted by C2 Powerhaus
              can't be 16v... jdm stock is a 1.6 20v (4age) or a 1.6 supercharged (4agze) i think 16v is the usdm motor.

correct me if i'm wrong. but i'm sure i heard the announcer @ jgtc say 20v all motor. and the yellow hachi/upgarage is turbo charged.
              How do I put this...

16V was available all around where the AE86 was available. I think that made sense.

Meaning, they also had 16V in Japan, Europe etc...

Comment

The Trueno's JDM engine is what we had in our AE92 corrolla :X

i think

Comment

its a 7 rib ae92 16v 4age. hks camshafts and cam gears.and from the looks of it when i seen it looks like fujitsubo hi low headers,dont know what kinna itb's and so on.sorry

i have a pic. sorry for the low quality,.. camera phone!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by steph3n
                    The Trueno's JDM engine is what we had in our AE92 corrolla :X

i think
                    Which is 16V.

-Al

Comment

His D1 car in japan is the late model 20V 4AGE (blacktop).
                      You know the one he crashed a few months back.

The engine in that pic appears to be a 92 block(16V), high comp piston, with blacktop ITB's.

Max

Comment

He actualy has 2 cars, his car from irwindale, is the 10,000 rever its mostly stock but with a silvia coil and direct ignition, well his other revs to 12,000, this one has the the AE111 head (i think), and that all i know

Comment

Working...
                        X