s13 sr20det idle problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s13 sr20det idle problem

hey whats up guys.. just finished my srswap and it started right up the first time and it idles perfectly at 750rpm constant.. all my vacuum lines are correct and mafs is fine. problem is when i drive it around town and i come to a stop the idle drops to like 200 and wants to die but doesnt, but slowly comes back up to 750 and once again idles perfect at stop..im thinking it might be TPS... anyone else had this problem.. let me know... peace

might be TPS, yea. did you check your intercooler piping too for cracks or leaks?

Comment

do you have open atmosphere BOV? if so that is your problem. tighten it a bit , reroute it to the intake or adjust your idle (with idle screw on intake manifold not screw on throttle body). Crack in intercooler piping would really only act up noticeably under boost.

good luck,

JR
      www.driftalliance.com
      TEAM FALKEN

Comment

okay i have a TBO Blow off Valve... i just tried tightening everything and checking the vacuum line.. ( By the way i have it routed from the top right nipple from the Throttle body straight to the BOV) and I drove it---- same problem.... then i tried eliminating the BOV and ran the stock pipe and just plugged the vacuum... still the same problem... it idles perfect just sitting there but when i drive it and deccelerate it wants to die... what the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* YO?

Comment

I have a cold start problem in my subby, it lasts for about 30 seconds then it is fine after driving for a bit. I know its a known problem and hard to fix.

In your case, try cranking up the idel to 1000? see what happens!
          Is it running too lean? Have u played around with the fuel to air mix? See how that goes, my car is running alittle rich but its working real nice for me, so i don't wana touch it.

Comment

Working...
          X