AE86 with a 1JZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AE86 with a 1JZ?

will any new generation supra motors fit in a ae86 or coupe??? i have herd of alot of swaps in an ae86, im willing to spent all the money and time to do it, its a dream of mine to have a clean jdm corolla for all my life!! post what crazy things u heard or saw!!!
    pics too ( no stock ones though, thanx)

it would change the weight balance for shure. but go for it!

Comment

Re: ae86 with a 1jz

Originally posted by 240silvia
      will any new generation supra motors fit in a ae86 or coupe???
      an ae86 is a coupe and a hatch. but anyways ive heard of ka's in em and of one 12a, the usual 4age 20v, and super charge 16v 4agze out of the aw11

Comment

ive seen a 3 rotor,a 2jzgte,a sr22 t88 turboed,yes you can do it,but if you plan on drifting it,i dont recommend it.but it you plan on wanganing it then go for it!!!

Comment

The engine would sit far to forward, it would be pretty much a waste for drifting, since the balance is so off. Unless you want to cut into the firewall.

Whats the point anyways?? Pretty much a waste of time.

Comment

HAHA I seen a Levin with a 2j in the Hashiriya dvd. Pretty nice hachi, it was drag car! It took about 4 years to complete! haha

Comment

i dont think it would be worth it. It's a cool idea, but it would cost a ton, take a lot of time, mess with the suspension, throw the weight off, and you would probably have to tear out a ton of stuff out of the car. If you want a clean jdm ae86 i would go with a 20 valve, maybe turbo it, but you'd have to do lots of custom work for that to (intake manifold, internals, exhaust stuffs).

Comment

if you dont want a n/a 86, i suggest a 4agze. out of the older mr2's, supercharged and a very common swap. they make supercharger upgrades ( i think hks does), pullys for more boost, etc.

you could build up one these things to have plenty of horsepower for a ae86

Comment

yes, hks does make a pulley upgrade, i think there are some others to but i cant remember at the moment.

Comment

Whatever you do, dont turbo a 20v. 20v's were created to be great N/A cars. They actually dont run as well with boost compared to some of the 16v model 4AGs. This is only theoretic, but wouldnt taking off the supercharger of a 4AGZE and replacing it with a turbo be pretty smart? Since the stock engine is already made to handle forced induction?

Comment

i said you have to do a lot of stuff like new internals and an intake manifold, but what your saying does make sense. and who says you have to remove the supercharger?

Comment

I've seen an 86 hatch with a B16 Honda motor.

Comment

driftersil80 is rite.getting a 4agze would be great and a really common swap.it gives you the power you want.and if your not into superchargers turbo it.like they said that motor overall was meant for boost and forced induction so it handle under pressure.

Comment

I've seen an 86 hatch with a B16 Honda motor.
                            Ima be the first to call BS on that one. Got any pics?

Comment

its true!!! and i saw a corolla powered bye a k22, it was crazy!! i think it was in import racer, i will try to find the pic

Comment

Working...
                              X