ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looks like i won't be drifting for a while...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks like i won't be drifting for a while...

Last night at aproximately 8:30 i lost something special to me. She was always there to calm me down when i was tense about work or other personal issues. She would always perform to the best of her ability and her best was usually enough but now she cannot for her rear apex seals decided to kill a rotor and exit out the exhaust. now with it being christmas and all, im near broke and my next check will only cover about half a rebuild.

sucks to hear it man! I hope you are able to scrape up enough cash for a rebuild. I wish I could help but I've only got one good series 4 motor and it's going into my base model. But if the time comes and you need a replacement rotor (if the apex seal managed to kill it) or the housing I might be able to help.

-Chris

Comment

Comment

im buying a used motor for now. but plan to rebuild w/ S5 internals and streetport it, might do a half bridge port but we'll see.

Comment

awwww man thats sucks....damn evil wankel has struck again!!!! o well man i hope that you get it fixed soon...

Comment

Another rotary lost due to the apex seals. Damn you apex seals. Sorry man, maybe santa will put a 20B under you tree.

Comment

Yea man good luck with that rebuild. I always liked RX-7s but i was warned that the engines were a pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored*. Im still a fan of the car just honestly hope you can get your setup workin for you because other then my Nissans i think RX-7s are the best cars racing.

Comment

That sucks yo.
                Sorry to hear your baby's heart burning like that.

(bow)

Comment

thats sucks man, i know how you feel i just know my motor is ready to go i just hope it doesnt anytime soon.

Comment

yeah.....i know the feeling....about a month ago i blew a rod in my 240, and now i still dont have her back. i cant get the new motor to run right, and so she sits there as i try day in and day out to get her on the road again.

hope your luck is better than mine and you have your baby back soon!

Comment

I just got off the phone with a guy down here in New Orleans that is getting ready to pull the motor/tranny out of his S4 vert to go turbo. He's looking to get $400 for both so I thought I'd pass that along. It's a fairly affordable way to get your car back on the road with a spare tranny to boot. If you're interested I could give you his contact info.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRiceFC
                        I just got off the phone with a guy down here in New Orleans that is getting ready to pull the motor/tranny out of his S4 vert to go turbo. He's looking to get $400 for both so I thought I'd pass that along. It's a fairly affordable way to get your car back on the road with a spare tranny to boot. If you're interested I could give you his contact info.
                        thanks for the help, but i already have a motor on the way. Getting a rebuild with a streetport w/ only 20k on it complete long block for 900.00 and he's taking payments so i got it covered.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmdrewS14
                          Another rotary lost due to the apex seals. Damn you apex seals. Sorry man, maybe santa will put a 20B under you tree.
                          if santa would bring me a motor i'd want the 13B-RE. the 20b wouldn't be very good for drifting. but if i was to build a supercar i'd go with an FD w/ a 20b bridgeport and a T78.

Comment

Oh hell yeah. Good find. Congrats!

Originally posted by theflatlander
                            thanks for the help, but i already have a motor on the way. Getting a rebuild with a streetport w/ only 20k on it complete long block for 900.00 and he's taking payments so i got it covered.

Comment

Mine took a poop too. But mines a coolant bypass seal. It still runs fine but some days it just allows combustion right into the cooling system. I had it fixed for a bit but now it's acting up again.

Fun stuff them rotaries. This is my third engine too. Time for a 4th

Comment

Working...
                              X