Making an FC a good drift car...How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making an FC a good drift car...How?

Hello, I am considering an FC..Will have to go with the N/A and swap the TII Motor and such..What will i wanna do to the car..suspension wise and ect..To make it a good drift car..I know the ways on 240s, But I heard FC's are harder to drift..Cause they tend to loose control easier than 240s..What mods do i need and can anyone vouch for FC's being good drift cars?? Thanks -

Friends in Japan claim the FC tends to build boost at all the wrong times during drift and are envious of my NA FCs. I personally have never piloted a turbo model through a drift so I can't speak from experience. I would say first thing out you should focus all of your attention on suspension and not necessarily your engine. The first thing I'd do is buy rear-steer eliminator bushings from Mazdatrix. It'll set you back about $40 and will make it easier to maintain a drift. If you've already started drifting you might notice that the car sorta tries to right itself when you put it sideways. Other than that typical chassis strengthening and suspension mods are your next step. There is a write-up and building an AE86 for drifting on club4ag.com that I think really puts things in perspective. Even though you have a FC I'd give this a read and it might help you.

Comment

I agree with the statement above.
      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      my setup.

engine:
      TOTALY STOCK! not even an intake

suspension:
      Currently using Racing Beat Springs and shocks. (this is too soft for my taste, but practicing with this sets)

future mod:
      Tien or JIC Magic full coilover suspension and strut bar (front and rear)
      I prefer this two because they're light weight and hella strong.

Since this car was meant for GRIP RACING. The rear-steer elim. is a must. This will remove the "Snap-Back" that you get when the car goes sideways.

Please note: When you install this, you may want to reconsider using your FC on wet surfaces. Unless your hella good at controlling your car.
      (i suggest going all this at the same time. and practice with this setup).

All in all the car is a nice ride. Sideway is a little bit tricky (that's why you practice) but its a well rounded car. A little mod will change the characteristic of the car from GRIP to DRIFT if an hour, depends how skilled you are with a wrench (im not).

Good Luck and keep it safe
      (use common sense)

Comment

CRASHDRIVE,

I'm going to be coming out with my fully-adjustable coilovers for the FC in late Febraury/early March. My goal is to produce something that rivals the top Japanese brands but at a lower price. I'll probably be organizing a group buy soon for $900 a set ($250 additional for the optional electronic damper control kit). Anyway, just another option outside of Tein and JIC.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRiceFC
          CRASHDRIVE,

I'm going to be coming out with my fully-adjustable coilovers for the FC in late Febraury/early March. My goal is to produce something that rivals the top Japanese brands but at a lower price. I'll probably be organizing a group buy soon for $900 a set ($250 additional for the optional electronic damper control kit). Anyway, just another option outside of Tein and JIC.
          What suspension system are you getting?

Comment

I'll PM you the details.

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
            What suspension system are you getting?

Comment

this is the setup i want to do. suspension wise
              Tein HE coilovers
              RB front and rear anti-sway bars
              toe-eliminators
              poly-bushings
              camber plates
              either get spacers for the tie rods or mod the steering knuckle for more steering travel
              7 point cage
              front and rear strut bars
              tire size depends on power but for the what i want (300 whp) i'd go 215s up front and 235s in rear

Comment

I agree with everything above but I don't agree with you. Why in the world would you go with a N/a if you are going to swap it over to turbo later? You will spend way more money and time doing that when you could have just gone ahead and gotten a turbo for not much more to begin with. If you are going to go n/a, stay n/a. If you want a turbo get a turbo. Completly different cars to drift. Power builds in different places and that's gonna change your style.

Up to you but I would get turbo if you want turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by 97kouki
                  But I heard FC's are harder to drift..Cause they tend to loose control easier than 240s
                  This statement is false. Its the other way. The FC is hard to drift because they have good grip control.

Just an FYI.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                    I agree with everything above but I don't agree with you. Why in the world would you go with a N/a if you are going to swap it over to turbo later? You will spend way more money and time doing that when you could have just gone ahead and gotten a turbo for not much more to begin with. If you are going to go n/a, stay n/a. If you want a turbo get a turbo. Completly different cars to drift. Power builds in different places and that's gonna change your style.

i'm getting another n/a because the car is my daily driver and i need to get it running fast. i don't have the money to do a 13re swap or even a Tii swap, that's a later project. after a few medical studies and i'll have the money to do so. i've just been waiting for January to come so i can start them.

Comment

Heh. Medical studies as in you work in a lab or you are a paid guinea pig?

Originally posted by theflatlander
                      after a few medical studies and i'll have the money to do so. i've just been waiting for January to come so i can start them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth

Insurance

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRiceFC
                          Heh. Medical studies as in you work in a lab or you are a paid guinea pig?
                          guinea pig, i get to take drugs for week straight and get paid 2k for it.

Comment

hahaha

your stoked i did that for some acne *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and got 1000 bucks and my face is pretty but i bet have cancer now

Comment

the best way to make any car a good drift car is the cheepest and most usefull mod out there pratice!!!! drifting is no about how much money you can toss at a car...its about having fun with the car

Comment

Working...
                              X