1990 240 500$ CDN, Is this Worth it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 240 500$ CDN, Is this Worth it??

This is a 1990 240 and I might buy it the price is 500$ cdn which is about 450 Us there is some rust as you will see on the pictures but it runs and it has a real clean interior what i'm asking if it is worth that price ? i'm planning on turnong it in a drift car with a headlight conversion ( s15) please let me know thanks.
    Jessie

how do you plan on taking car of the rust on the frame, i paid 700 for my 240 same year and no rust at all. just keep in mind the cost of repairing the frame and rear end. plus you will need a lsd if your going to drift.

Comment

for the LSD i already knew but for the frame it needs a frame rail but the rest is not that much rusted ...

Comment

cool then go for it.

Comment

I wouldn't mess with it, get one with no rust.

Comment

Maybe hard to find a car with no rust considering its location and the fact that its sitting in 50ft of snow

Go under there with sum 80 grit sandpaper and see if its just 'Surface rust'. It looks like it, but you never know.

Pull the carpet back and check the floor. If it has a rust problem, it'll be there first and worst.

Sounds like the 'price is right'

Good luck!!

Comment

I'd say get it, if that's what you really want. Don't worry too much about the rust, unless it's totally falling apart.

You plan on turning it into a drift car anyways right? It'll probably sustain some dings and dents along the line so don't worry about a little rust. Unless you plan on keeping the car for 5+ years, the rust shouldn't become a major problem while you're actively drifting it. It'll be good if you can get a drift car to last 5 years if your busy actually drifting it.

Comment

talk them down to under 300 and with the money saved get a vlsd then have fun till it falls apart.

Comment

dude that thing would be worth it just for the fake testarossa vent stickers on the side... SWEET!

Comment

sounds like a reasonable price..just fix everything else with your left over money =P

Comment

buy it, and part it out. the lip alone will go for 100 bucks.

Comment

So I talked him down to 425 im pretty sure i'll buy it and most pieces i will sell hehe because it's going to have a body kit and stripped interior so ... asnyways thanks for your inputs

Comment

Buy some POR-15. ITs a type of paint/coating that will stop rust, prevent rust, and keeps rust from spreading. Use it on the undercarriage! that car looks DAMN CLEAN for $425. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. and fixing the back is probobly just as simple and cutting out the infected area, and welding in a replacement piece of metal. i'm sure you could find that part at the junkyard.
                          and if its not "THAT BAD" you could always just seal it with something similar to the POR-15 that is easy to paint over. awesome car!

Comment

i'd go for it, i mean, the rust doesn't look too bad and it looks pretty clean on the inside. How many miles does it have on it? Are you planning on keeping the ka or gonna swap it out. If you're gonna keep it take it out for a test drive and see how it runs. And talk him down as low as possible, and if the car is a lemon, then it is still just $400 wasted. Not too much especially since you are planning on spending almost 2,000 on a front end conversion. good luck

- peace

Comment

if you know how to repair framerails, then buy it, if you don't then don't buy it, where is it located?

Comment

Working...
                              X