Question for anyone who owns/has driven an S5 GTU FC3S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for anyone who owns/has driven an S5 GTU FC3S

I want to know about the lack of a tilt steering wheel.

Having the steering wheel in the wrong place keeps me from being able to do heel-toe in my dad's truck (ok, bad example, but it's true.. it doesn't have a tilt wheel and it's too low against my legs to let me twist them), and one time when I sat in an FD (At the 2005 Tokyo Auto Salon), it didn't have enough leg room for me to get my legs straight enough to do heel-toe the easy way (I could still do it, but not very smoothly, at least without practice), which combined with the lack of a tilt wheel, made it not quite as comfortable as I would have liked. Sitting in an RHD's driver seat for the first time was fun Only a little confusing when it came to the accelerator, which is on the side of the car instead of the middle.

Of course, the reason I didn't have much leg room might have been because it was a Recaro bucket seat that might have been installed a bit closer to the front of the car since it was obviously intended for a Japanese person.

So has anyone who's sat in an FC with no tilt steering wheel, do you think that with the seat as far back as I can (not nessicarily all the way), that I could have my legs basically straight in the seat and have the steering wheel high enough over my legs to do heel and toe? I like having a lot of space when it comes to pedal control (funny, I can do it just fine in Initial D Arcade Stage, and the wheel is fixed) and such.

I'm only 5'10"

Or could I install the entire steering column of an FC with a tilt wheel into a GTU? hehe

I'm wondering since I'm considering getting a GTU that's near my home town instead of trying to get a TII (which are damn hard to find IMO), and maybe doing the conversion later (which involves an assload of parts).

Never mind, the car I was thinking about is already sold anyway :P

Comment

Working...
    X