My FairladyZ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My FairladyZ...

Here she is, my '78 Datsun 280Z. Made myself a CAI. Installed ion yellow projectors. R200 rear end is on its way. Finally....LSD.

N1 style muffler 2.75" piping, pacesetter headers, tein coilovers, homemade CAI, R200 read end w/ LSD (coming very soon), Crower camshaft, valve springs, short shifter, 245's in back, 215's up front, headlight covers black housing, ion yellow projectors...cracked dash, leaking sunroof... Any other Datsun drivers in washington??

{}
    {}
    {}
    {}
    {}
    {}
    {}
    {}
    {}

That is a very clean looking 280z. So what would it's purpose be? Drift, drag, auto cross?

Comment

Well, I've been trying to drift it. My clutch is going out so it's kind of hard to get the tail loose, especially with these new tires. So it's supposed to be my drift car. I originally wanted to work on a 510 wagon.

Comment

you need some spacers...stat!

Comment

^agreed you got the sunk in battle ship going on man. if you are looking for some locals check out northwestnissans.com

looks good though.
          ryan

Comment

um.. don't wanna flame..

but it's not a true Fairlady Z.. since it's LHD and not a RHD car.. Mr. K wouldn't be very happy about that one He personally ripped off the Fairlady badges when they hit the shore and put on a 240Z badge.. because of the differences in the USD Z car.. he didn't want the "crappy" USD version to ruin the Fairlady name.

Anyway looks good... I would definatly change the intake with a smoother, shorter tube, for better flow and more velocity.. why is it strecthed all the way across the other side of the grill?? Bring it closer!

Comment

Whaa?? Tein coil-overs??!!

Tein doesnt make coil-overs for our cars?!?!

What kind did you buy to fit the Z??

Comment

Very clean looking car, except the spolier looks tacky I think...I loved the 280z

Comment

sweet ride, and i like the ones in the background too....

Comment

As for the intake, the bottom portion of the air box was welded onto the core support. Why?...I'm not sure. Bought the car like that. So if it were shorter there would be no room for the filter. The Tien coilovers were ripped off a 4th gen accord (90-93) and replaced my front suspension. The rear......those are cut....I know...Jimmy Rigged it..... YES the spoiler will be coming off soon. I needed a trunk lid because when I bought the car, there wasn't one. SO I picked this one up from the junk yard for $100. I too agree that is looks pretty out of place with the rest of the cars lines. People don't really know what what kind of car it is when they look at it. Some think it's a Porsche, others think it's a Jaguar.

Comment

Yea I get that all the time with mine. Mine looks alot different than yours though, whole different style. You do need some spacers like mad cow man. I like the car. It's nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X