D1 Registration Deadline + 2005 new rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 Registration Deadline + 2005 new rules

Registration deadline for D1 Driver Search and D1 Qualifying is next Friday February 4, 2005. So send it your registration with $200.

Also read up on the rules and make sure your car passes tech.

D1 registration form in PDF

D1 2005 rules

See you all there at Irwindale!
    Hubert Young
    KORE 8 Films

Originally posted by motdyn_s14
    Registration deadline for D1 Driver Search and D1 Qualifying is next Friday February 4, 2005. So send it your registration with $200.

Also read up on the rules and make sure your car passes tech.

D1 registration form in PDF

D1 2005 rules

See you all there at Irwindale!
    YEAH! I'LL def. be there! The average person can totally afford all those regulations and turn their daily driver into a full race car no problem. I wipe my *Censored**Censored**Censored* with money actually, that's how little it means to me!

Its funny cause half the cars running in BM Hai events in Japan don't even have rollcage, let alone a harness. And here in the US you need a fully built race car to TRY and qualify for D1 (even if you qualify, usually they have a "winner's driver search" and pick from the qualifiers... WTF, D1 is lame.

Comment

yeah, rules 4-7 pretty much sucks.

Comment

this a Professional Series, just like every other Professional race series, safety is a big priority.

Comment

Originally posted by kineticdb8r
          this a Professional Series, just like every other Professional race series, safety is a big priority.
          Yeah IF you get in... I just hate how comercialized and "big-business" D1 has become. It doesn't matter, the whole point of D1 is to make money. Word on the streets is i am not the only person to feel this way. Supposedly Ueo is fed up with the BS and he isn't running this year. Also, Orido (the judge) isn't judging anymore. Last season you could tell he was kinda frustrated at how biased some *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* was getting.

I think the Best D1 event i have gone to was the GTLive USA vs Japan. Of course they were not going to fairly allow the USA to do as good (Topics II was the best dude out there) but because hte round wasn't for points or anything related to the outcome of the series, the judging was way more fair. Notice that Nomuken and Kazama didn't even make the first round?

Comment

The one I didn't get last year rule was... You can have FULL CAGES, RACING SEATS, Unlimited Engine Performance.... But you have to have a CAT...

Ok.

-Al

Comment

Originally posted by .Al
              The one I didn't get last year rule was... You can have FULL CAGES, RACING SEATS, Unlimited Engine Performance.... But you have to have a CAT...

Ok.

-Al
              Haha yeah that one was obeyed. Not.

Comment

i noticed that, that was pretty stupid, why would they make you have fully race cars to compete, and then make you run with a cat. thats wack, maybe its cheaper for taxes or something, i dont know....

Comment

Originally posted by _PG_
                  YEAH! I'LL def. be there! The average person can totally afford all those regulations and turn their daily driver into a full race car no problem. I wipe my *Censored**Censored**Censored* with money actually, that's how little it means to me!

Its funny cause half the cars running in BM Hai events in Japan don't even have rollcage, let alone a harness. And here in the US you need a fully built race car to TRY and qualify for D1 (even if you qualify, usually they have a "winner's driver search" and pick from the qualifiers... WTF, D1 is lame.
                  D1 rules are very basic. Go look up the rules for SCCA club racing, and after your done reading there 700+ page rule book I think you will feel diferent about the D1 rules.

Plus if you dont have a car that meets those basic rules you probily dont belong try to qualify for D1.

Comment

Also, Orido (the judge) isn't judging anymore. Last season you could tell he was kinda frustrated at how biased some *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* was getting.
                    Ha! He's not judging because at the Tokyo Auto Salon D1 year end review he announced he will be competing in 05'. Soooooo, apparently he's not too frustrated?

Comment

yeah, D1GP doesn't require a logbook; which can be a pain...I had to have one for my old rally car.

Comment

Originally posted by 110octane
                        Ha! He's not judging because at the Tokyo Auto Salon D1 year end review he announced he will be competing in 05'. Soooooo, apparently he's not too frustrated?
                        Well he judged seasons while he was racing competitively in the past. Showing up to a D1 event once a couple of months is hardly a full time carreer...

Comment

Edit: Arguing on the internet is retarded. Fcuk it, who cares. Despite my problems with the judging and ethics in D1, there are some really good drivers. Everyone cheer for Drift Alliance. I wanna see painted faces and flags and sh1t!
                          Last edited by _PG_; 01-29-2005, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                            yeah, rules 4-7 pretty much sucks.
                            That's what sponsors are for. The theory is that if you are good enough to try, then you would most likely have a sponsor. This sponsor would most likely help out with getting all of this stuff. Much easier said than done. The sad part is that getting a sponsor is more about politics than actual skill ;-(

I have heard that they are putting on an "D1 Ikaten Series" this year. Does anyone know if the same level of "safety" is expected for that?

BTW: I really hate when people use Japanese words all the time (like Ikaten or Touge) to sound cooler. Especially when they aren't Japanese and they don't speak it I don't know why I just pointed that out...

It really sucks that the best driver can't always win but that's the way big business is. Pretty soon, D1 will be like the WWF I mean, it's already kinda rigged right? Tag team matches and all...

If I had tickets to D1 I would just sell them to some dumbass for lots of $$ and buy some new tires, haha.

Comment

Working...
                            X