Make your car look even better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make your car look even better.

I just realized this after I started working on my interior. Don't just strip your car and sound deadning material and then paint over it. I did it, and it looked just horrible.
    If any of you guys
    gals are patient enough, then give it a go. This is not a one day job, it takes a while if you want to get it right.
    So far it is just primer, but the interior will have basically the same color as my fuel pump cover. I just finished the back, and slowly moving to the front. The paint will come at the same time, so for now it will stay primered.

The spray "Rhino Liner" stuff works well too.

Comment

Nice job. Looks a lot better than my trunk right now.

Comment

did u strip it with a grinding disc?
        just wondering cos i did it with a wire brush attachment

Comment

Originally posted by S13/R32
          did u strip it with a grinding disc?
          just wondering cos i did it with a wire brush attachment
          Yeah i used the grinding wheel. How does the brush work, does it take everything off fast? What about damage to the metal?

Comment

thats some weight reduction, stage 2 stuff hahaha, I wanna do it to my trunk but what the point my car will still be heavy, and it will be louder for sure, will I really notice 30lbs of tar and trunk insulation... nah...

looks good though deffinetly worth the time put in...

Comment

yea i jus did my hole car....it takes so long except i sanded and did everything by hand....its very time consuming it took me abot 5-8 day to do and paint...

hers a pic of the finished product

Comment

^ did you use latex based paint (from a pail) or spray paint?
                my guess would be that latex based paint would be a whole lot heavier (ever pick up a can of paint) comparred to spray paint which goes on lightly and is pretty watered down and is very light.

Comment

the black interior looks great. what kind of paint is that? i wish it was warmer out so i can possably do it. it's about 20 degrees out now, so i'll leave it alone for now!

Comment

Originally posted by dorifuto
                    Yeah i used the grinding wheel. How does the brush work, does it take everything off fast? What about damage to the metal?
                    yeah it took it off pretty fast made abit of a mess though. dosen't damage the metal much but then a grinding wheel would probly do more damage if ya were to hold it in one spot but i've never held a metal brush in one spot of my boot so i wouldn't really kno

Comment

Originally posted by tofubrains
                      ^ did you use latex based paint (from a pail) or spray paint?
                      my guess would be that latex based paint would be a whole lot heavier (ever pick up a can of paint) comparred to spray paint which goes on lightly and is pretty watered down and is very light.
                      yeah paint from a Tin (pail) would be heavyer if ya would put it on with a paint brush. but u can't really just go and stick it in a pray gun without thining it out with some reducer, other wize it would just keep blocking up the tip in the spray gun. Which would make some ugly painting jobs, kinda like when u get to last bit in ur spary can. i painted the inside of my car with a 1L tin of pain and a spray gun compare that to how many spary cans it would of taken u

Comment

That black interior looks great. Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by dorifuto
                          You used an angle grinder and you're wondering if a brush would damage it?!

But nice job in the end

Edit: Give glassing a try at some point though. It's sexy on the interior.
                          Last edited by Delphince; 05-23-2005, 05:43 PM.

Comment

wow that looks great! nice job man

Comment

Looks great man! Now mine on the other hand.... sperayed bedliner.

Comment

Working...
                              X