NekoPunch's D1GP USA MUSIC VIDEO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NekoPunch's D1GP USA MUSIC VIDEO!

Well, you've been asking for it and here it is!

Nearly 4 months in the making. My most challenging music video to date.

A Christmas present for all of you who were at the first D1 USA, and those who ~wish~ they had been there.

Here is my D1 GRAND PRIX USA Music Video.

http://www.northwestnissans.com/dona...ko-d1usa03.zip
    (53MB File. You should right click, Save Target As, unzip, then view).

Whew... enjoy.

--Music Video Production Notes:

-This was by far the most difficult and time consuming video I've ever made. I even had to upgrade the hardware and operating system on my computer just to start on it.

-I didn't want to just make a half-*Censored**Censored**Censored* video with a bunch of nice shots and Euro-techno BGM. I wanted to capture the feel of what it was like to actually be there on that day.

-In general, the video progresses chronologically through the day of the event.

-I tried to include a shot of every car that participated in the event, as well as at least one shot from every match.

-With the matches/battles, I almost always chose a shot from the ~deciding~ run. The only exception is if we didn't get a decent shot of the deciding run. Sometimes the barrier or a nearby audience member got in the way.

-The part where the judges are clapping, is when they were clapping along with the audience chanting "One more time!" after the match between Imamura and Ernie Fixmer.

-I wanted to include more of the exciting match between Ernie and Imamura, but the footage we had just didn't work well.

-For those who don't know, the wacky obnoxious guy in the orange shirt is none other than Eiji "Tarzan" Yamada.

-This is the first video I've made that I'll be able to put on DVD (rather than just VCD).

-If you have any other questions about the vid, feel free to ask.

Hope you all enjoyed it!

Comment

coolios

Comment

Tarzan is also good for a laugh.He is always hitting cameras,cameramen,or putting someone in a headlock.Good video btw.

Comment

A W S O M E vid good sh't man

Comment

:O

yay i miss D1 even though it is right around the corner....driftxtreem whats the word on the 10000000 drivers comin this time?

Comment

I still dont have the finnal list of teams B U T we will be bringing 5 cars and drivers.

Hang on to your seats

Comment

:O

does that mean kumakubos s15?

who all is on your team and what cars do they drive?

Comment

RE:

It was a great video!

Now, from video editor to video editor, I'll give you my in depth opinion. Firstly, you mentioned you were trying to capture the feeling of the event. I've got to say you hit this dead on. I'm not sure if you're too into that song. I know I'm not. I hated the music. But it worked. If I had listened to that song with no video, I probably would have turned it off a few seconds in. Regardless of what you think of the song, it takes guts and experience to stray away from what other people might like (Eurobeat, rock, etc...) to something that you feel will bring out the true meaning of your video. All, or at least 99% of your fades and cuts were dead on. Non were misplaced or pointless.

Honestly, I didn't think it was possible to make a video that in-depth about a drifting event. Keep up the good work ^^

Comment

that was amazing im speach less that was rilly koo props NekoPunch

Comment

Hey thanks for all the feedback everybody! Glad to hear you enjoyed the music video, and I hope it showed how much fun that event was as well as how much fun I had making the video.

Feint: Yeah, Tarzan is always making people laugh. I saw him at two different track events when I went to Japan last summer. Crazy guy.

ACDSupra7: Thanks for the feedback! It's definitely nice to hear from another video editor. Actually, I feel weird calling myself a video editor, because I'm really just an amateur. I've just picked it up as a hobby in my spare time.

As for the music, I definitely spent a lot of time finding a song that would work. I like a dynamic song with lots of kicks and punches. Too many trance/rock/rap songs just drone on and on. For me, if I pick the right song then the video is so easy and fun to make.

As for the editing, I'm glad you noticed the time I put into the fades and cuts. In fact, this was the first video where I really tried to learn how to use fades ~only~ where necessary. I used to use them way too liberally, almost like cheating. Of course, I agonized over the placement of every single shot you see in the video. In fact, some of the shots that appear that they are not timed perfectly to the music, that was done on purpose. I noticed that if I timed everything too closely, it felt too mechanical. That's just something I noticed from watching professional videos.

I'd love to check out any videos that you've made. I'm always looking for inspiration for my vids. In fact, I really haven't seen many of the drift/car-related music videos that are out there on the Net, so I don't know what most of them are like.

Anyways, I learned a lot and had fun on this video. Glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

Awsome video, it was a really good job, you could sell that.

Awsome car too.

Last edited by Chas; 12-29-2003, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                          Awsome car to.
                          too.

Comment

Bad azz man, thank you for sharing it with us all.

Comment

Wow. You did really good job on that video. But Guns 'n Roses?

Comment

Working...
                              X