Change a FF to a FR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change a FF to a FR

I was wondering if it's possible to change a Front wheel drive to a Rear wheel Drive? if it is possible then would you please tell me how

here's the thread... this should help save you from the flames thats about come upon you.... but its prolly too late though http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...?threadid=1012

Comment

Drive backwards. Or prepare for some serious modifications.

Comment

RE:

It's possible, but it's not easy/cheap. You're better of buying an f/r, unless you're trying to be different. In which case, I'd say go for it.

Comment

To compete in just about anything with it( to be spec you cant use other brand parts on a car ex. toyota parts on a honda...), you'll need to find a same make FR car... take the motor and drivetrain out.. including ECU, Trans, Drive Shaft, Pumpkin, and rear axle... then put it in your FF car... which in 99.99% cases will not fit... and you just wasted all sorts of time and money... but you cant do alot of custom fabrcation and make it fit... like rerouteing the exausht and re shapeing the uni body to make room for the driveshaft... and thats about... $10-15,000

Comment

has anybody seen the civic hatchback with the s2000 motor dropped in it??

Comment

Blitz

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by 240sr20
                has anybody seen the civic hatchback with the s2000 motor dropped in it??
                Wasnt it fwd....

Comment

i saw one some time ago.

A FF to FR can be done depending on which platform will dictate how easy or complex.

I am looking at it myself on a nissan project i have.

There was a SCC with the debut of the lancer that had undercarriage shots. this is good to look at to give an idea. it will be some work though.

Comment

Working...
                  X