dissision to make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dissision to make

ok...with the money i make i can work on a car and fix a car but to pay the money for another car would be a large chunk of money for me...i have a little FF car thats my daily driver cruising car... then i have a pontiac fiero that i posted about a little while ago. i still think it may do a good job with its perfect balance and such and the key point is i own it and to sell it its not worth anything. but i like the S-14 and FC3S as well. i was wondering about others opinions and thoughts. i admit to being a noob, i know all the ideas but now i need to physicly practice what i know.
    Attached Files

I think it would be neat to see a Fiero drifting. Stay with it and let us all know.

Comment

That car doesn't look like it's in any position to do much of anything...

Comment

Fiero's are MR,would br great for grip.

Comment

ya ya when i get some time it will go together quickly the engine is currently being rebuilt...iv been spending time on my street car.

Comment

Fieros are trouble. They are great cars, but with flaws. You have a great engine (in the V-6 model) and the MR layout. But you have the same tranny and brakes from the 4. And that causes problems with performance and reliablity.

Comment

good luck drifting an MR car...u'd hafta be really good

Comment

im not sure if you've drifted a FR car before but if you haven't then drifting an MR will probably be easier to learn.......you don't have any habits from an FR and getting the car to oversteer will be a lot easier but countersteering (im assuming) is gonna take a lot more precision

if the Fiero is only a 4 banger i think you'd be just fine as a learning platform and maybe even easier cause you won't be repairing or replacing trannys and what not.....if you do have the v6 im sure theres a stronger tranny that you can salvage from somewhere that fits......if you wanna just get another car altogether why not save for a while a look for a really good deal (maybe an s13 that doesn't run and just get a cheap ca or sr and drop it in) im assuming you would dump a motor in urself otherwise it obviously costs more $$$

just my opinion on ur situation
                Last edited by Forge_55b; 12-27-2003, 02:12 AM.

Comment

I know this is a newbie question but..

How does MR differ from FR?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian
                    I know this is a newbie question but..

How does MR differ from FR?
                    I'll explain the drivetrain layouts.

FF = Front engine Front wheel drive
                    FR =Front engine Rear wheel drive
                    MR =Mid/midship engine Rear wheel drive
                    RR =Rear engine Rear wheel drive

RR cars are very rare,for obvious reasons.

Comment

thanx for the imput it is a V-6 H.O. so i will have to look into the tranny issues some of you brought up....and of course id drop the engine in myself

Comment

Yea Fieros were notorious for tranny problems and the occasional engine fire. But other than that they weren't all that bad. I liked the Gt's. Wanted one for a bit too. Like I said, keep us posted and have fun. That's what Drifting is all about. No matter what you drive, have fun with it. If you ain't having fun, you may as well go screw a fat chick.

Comment

U still on here, what ever happened with the Fiero?

Comment

sell me those rims and buy another car!!!! jkjk

Comment

Working...
                            X