Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused

I'v been a drift fan for quite a while (ever since i saw Initial D for the first time) and I'v recently turned 16. As a present my mother gave me her old '99 Civic Sedan (Automatic) as a gift. I have no clue what to do with it, I'd like to maybe sell it and get a more powerful car with rear wheel drive so that i can start learning the drift.

I'v recentrly played NFS Underground and its somehow possible to drift with a front wheel (FF?) civic? Is this actually possible?

I have $3000can. in the bank that I'd like to spend on a car.

What should i do with this civic? Thanks for your help in advance and keep in mind that I have absolutely no car (hardware?) experience and I'm a complete newbie which is willing to learn.

The 3000 alone would be plenty for a 240. And the 99 civic would prob sell for a fair amount. But Id say put that money in the bank for future repairs. Dont swap in a RB when youre still new to all this. Thats a newb thing to do. Just get a stock 240. Learn about cars and learn about driving. Keep the money you get from the civic. You will need it.

Comment

thx for ur help, but I'm not happy with the civic and feel that it handles poorly in snow conditions and ever since i'm new to driving i should swap for a MR and learn on it?

btw whats a 240 O_o

Comment

240sx us=180sx jp= 200sx uk etc

Comment

Re: Confused

Originally posted by Russian

I'v recentrly played NFS Underground and its somehow possible to drift with a front wheel (FF?) civic? Is this actually possible?
          It's not Initial D that cuases problems,it's NFSU,that's the proof.
          Remember,Need For Speed games are the definition of arcade,in no way feel like a real car,and are made to appeal to large masses aka pick up and play.It's not real,so don't associate it with real life physics.The only game that comes close to real life physics is Live for Speed www.liveforspeed.net.Try and drift a FF car in that game,it won't drive like a FR,unlike in NFSU.
          No you should keep the Civic for now,by what you have mentioned,you said an FF handles poorly in the snow,if your having trouble with that,steer clear of an FR right now.FR's are your best friend until it snows,then they like to slide out on you,not good for a learner.Learn to drive the Civic,and drive it well.When spring comes,sell it and look for a FR then,you'll have the driving experince and will probably avoid a possible winter accident.Learn first,then move on.A automatic Civic in the winter is a perfect platform for someone with next to nothing knowledge or experince.It may not be fast,but it's the first step to get somewhere.
          A 240sx is a FR car made by Nissan,cheap,and plenty of interchangable parts-no you shouldn't go woth a MR right now,stickwith the FF,then decide where to go after that.

Comment

i wish i was seeing running 240sx's selling that cheap...that 3000 is plenty...how much do they go for that everyone else sees regularly...then again i have california smog laws here seems to make cars more pricey...I hate this state.

Comment

I agree. Keep the Honda, Learn Grip. Get comfortable then move to Drift. No matter how much you knowm that first time the rear end lets loose will give you the willies.

As for 240's being cheap. I know where a 95 SE is right now for 3000 and it's in great shape too.

Comment

thats awsome after i learn better car control i will probably be looking for a 240. its good to know the deals are out there.

Comment

Re: Confused

Originally posted by Russian
                  I'v been a drift fan for quite a while (ever since i saw Initial D for the first time) and I'v recently turned 16. As a present my mother gave me her old '99 Civic Sedan (Automatic) as a gift. I have no clue what to do with it, I'd like to maybe sell it and get a more powerful car with rear wheel drive so that i can start learning the drift.

I have $3000can. in the bank that I'd like to spend on a car.

What should i do with this civic? Thanks for your help in advance and keep in mind that I have absolutely no car (hardware?) experience and I'm a complete newbie which is willing to learn.
                  screw the civic get a 240 or S13 for a good deal and go from there, FF isn't a very good starting platform

Comment

Don't try to drift the civic until you gain a whole lotta experience.

drifting a honda is possilbe but a FR is alot easier to practice drifting on.

you have only one way to drift a FF, E-Brake
                    while you can drift a FR three different ways, E-Brake, Clutch Kick, and, High Speed Braking

Comment

your nowhere ready for drifting, yet alone racing. If you really serious you would research this stuff. If you dont want to take the time to do your research, you should just stay away from the racing scene. Especially if you dont even know anything about cars. Best thing to do is take a automotive class to learn about cars in general and how they work. If you dont like the steering, you can always get rid of the power steering. Good luck in whatever road you take, just dont live off the fantasy stuff. (cartoons, video games, etc.)

Comment

Working...
                      X