Non-drifters try to define drifting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-drifters try to define drifting.

Do you guys call FF drifting *Censored**Censored**Censored*-dragging because thats what I've always called it and refused to see otherwise. If seen ff sliding done, done it myself. After doing it myself in two of my fwd cars, I can say that I don't believe fwd drifting is TRUE drifting for numerous reasons - most of all its not the same. Does anybody feel the same as I do on this or has this fake commerical crap taken over and tryed to legitimize fwd drifting?

Just asking because a few non-drifters on my site are trying to argue that fwd drifting is REAL drifting etc..
    Last edited by nightracer; 12-27-2003, 04:11 PM.

real drifting is what ever you make it
    drifting is about fun...

Comment

remember dont drink and drift.

and you can drift shopping carts like that one kid was talking about.. those arent FF or FR.. you could also try to drift a trike, or a bike, or a sewing mechine. That would be interesting.

Comment

Agreed. Drifting is fun. If you don't think FF driting is true drifting, cool. I think it is. You don't. So let's be friends.

If you want to only drift RWD, Great. I only want to drift RWD too. Drifting is what anyone who wants to do it wants it to be. No one should hate on FWD, RWD or AWD or One wheel drive. Whatever you're into.

That's the problem with some folks on here. Soon as this question is asked, a flame war starts on who said this and that and who has a better layout and who's mom is where. Shouldn't be like that. Should be like a family. We should all support each other no matter what we drift. Hell, i'm retiring the FD and going to an older car. Just 2 dammed expensive. May even (god forbid) sell it.

I think it's a legitimate question, one that will present itself in the near future when the sport becomes bigger. You can bet your *Censored**Censored**Censored*'s that the sponsors are gonna have a class for it. Believe that. It's going to become a rivalry like it is in Japan. Some folks will do it on FWD. So be ready. But don't hate. It isn't about hating. It's about fun.

Comment

quote: everything you just said (this way for space reasons)

Enlightening. Well put and I agree.

Comment

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* this indecisive garbage. It is either real drifting or it is not. There is no in-between, and forget this "why can't everyong be right *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*".

FWD drifts are either real drifts or they are not. i believe that they are not!

The drift scene begun in japan about 10 ten years ago, and quite oddly the silvia S13 and 180sx debut about ten years ago. Is this a just some happy miracle? No. Throttle steering is what created drifting in japan. THAT MEANS steering your car WITH THE THROTTLE.

I'm sick of this crap. The only reason why people argue over FWD drifts is because FWD cars are more popular in the import scene that RWD cars. If we lived in Japan i doubt these discussions would occur as often.

I remembers seeing hundreds of cars chuku'ing in the streets of japan years back when I visited them, and I saw all kinds of different cars. I saw sedans, sports cars, wagons, old cars, new cars, silvias, rx-7s, cosmos, soarers, crews, corollas, but there was one thing that i didn't see. In the maze of these cars swaying back and forth, where driviers slid tons of metal only a couple of feet apart from each other, in this beatiful chaotic dance of metal I DID NOT SEE A FWD CAR!

If these experienced and dedicated street drifters, used every car but FWD why see should we?

Comment

what did you spend a day here? I see ff cars doing there drift all the time, and a few that are going D1 next year as well. Some of these FF drivers could put the hurt on most people on this forum and lay some smack down on a fr car as well. Might not be your cup of tea but its comin and comin hard at ya, you will see FF drift cars from Japan,in the states at the drift shows GA RU N TEEEEED (Gomer Pyle Voice )

Comment

Gotta agree. Get ready.

Comment

I think FF drifting is real drifting but I think it is far more limited than FR drifting technique wise. I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of it as it seems to be limited to a bunch of ebrake yanking to get the rear end out as opposed to the zillions of ways to break traction in a FR layout. It just doesn't seem as clean and torque steer usually makes the drifts choppy unless you've really mastered it. I have seen some VERY convincing drifting FF drifting from Japanese drivers a la Option videos so the notion that nobody there does it is ridiculous. For every one guy you see in an Option video there are probably dozens if not hundreds that don't get video coverage. So, if there question was do I like FF drifting I'd have to say in most cases, no. But since the question is whether or not it's real I'd have to say, yes.

Comment

i dont know why everyone is trying to be so serous about drifting...its a pointless...but extreamly fun way of driving..

Drifting is what you make of it...if you have fun drifting an FF then by all means drift an FF...if you have fun drifting an FR/MR/RR/AWD/ect then go for it

its all about personal enjoyment...

Comment

Ehhhhhhh I wouldn't consider it pointless by any means. Think about it.

Drifting can be the fastest way to tackle some corners. There is a difference in show drifting and race drifting. Watch rally.

Comment

man i agree a 100 percent drifting was started by rwd and is dominated by rwd and ff's a$$ draggin around corners ya it might look cool but its not real driftin but its just like always hondas just cant leave whats not theirs alone

Comment

gundamzeta, Ive seen Japanese ff drifters, where have you been. The drift scene started 10 years ago??? It has been in the US for 10 years. Not near as big as now but drifting has been around for quite a while. "If these experienced and dedicated drifters did not use the ff, why should we?" Are you kidding me. Do you pray to the japanese flag or something. We dont have to be them. And thats assuming all japanese people are the drifting gods you think they are. There are newbs in Japan. There are poor drivers in japan. Their ethnicity doesnt miraculously make them incredible drivers that overnight know every aspect of tuning, whether it be suspension, engine, or otherwise. They are pretty much the same as us. But the drifters there enjoy drifting the same as drifters here. Its all about the fun. Cheap cars + cheap tires = Cheap thrills. Thats what its all about. Its fun. Its easy. Its something you can work at. If people want to drift their daily drivers and they happen to have an ff. Dont diss em. Just let them enjoy themselves. Dude, even hawaii has ff drifters.

Comment

Ghost of Duluth and driftxtreem how long have you guys been into drifting. FF drifting may or may not be legitamite but I think the ppl who started this would have the final say in what drifting is. I'd submit to that. Someone who doesn't drift or who isn't even into the sport wouldn't have room to talk - guys on my site stirring up trouble. lol!

To tell the truth I've always been able to choku and do a few things my FF cars but I never considered it drifting. It is clearly different than what I do in my rwd cars. Feels more like sliding to me.

I would like to see an FF car put a hurting on Tanaguchi or Koguchi. Anythings possible with money I guess. Would you want to do it? As for the statement about hondas I've never owned one.

Just felt like posting this because the f'ers are bugging me lol!
                            Last edited by nightracer; 12-30-2003, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Nightracer, I can't tell if you are trying to flame me or not. But i'll reply in a manner befittting both.

I've been sliding cars since I was 15. I'm now 34. Don't think it was called Drifting back then. It was called Fishtailing. Also hate to break it to you but Drifting is sliding. How many times do we have to cover that? Drifting is controlled sliding.

Also the only people that have say over the sport is the sponsers. They are the ones making decisions not Kanaguchi or anyone else. Why? Because they pay them and they make it so that those guys can live. It's a business man plain and simple. I'm sure they have some say in what they do but in the end it's the sponsers and the people that put little stickers on your car that make the decisions. As it grows so will FWD drifting. I'll lay money that they will have a FWD class as this gets more popular, especially in America. Don't think so do you? Wait and see. Lets look at why there will be a FWD class.

MONEY!!!! That's what it boils down too.
                              The racing industry is a multi-billion dollar industry, include sponserships and the aftermarket that spins off from that and you are looking at mad dollars. If they can use Drifting to capture even 1% of that, you can bet your butt 5 ways to sunday that they will do it. FWD is a HUGE market here. If they can bring it under the Drift umbrella, it will be right there.

Also who do you think think invented Drifting? Who are these people that you think have the say over it? Hell man Drifting has been around as long as the automobile has. Not in the cleaned up and served to the public form that it is now but it's been around alot longer than the heros of the D1 have been, of that I can asure you. I understand that people don't like FWD drifting but it's here and it's here to stay. I personally will not ever try to FWD drift. I think it's pointless. But to say they can't drift is assinine and stupid beyond beliefe.
                              Some can do it and do it VERY well.

So everyone wake up. It's coming.

Also Driftextreem lives there. I think he see's what goes on there.

Comment

Working...
                              X