The Purchasing Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Purchasing Process

So now that my latest car is in shambles (some jerk pulled out in front of me and totalled my car) I'm looking into purchasing a cheap FR car somewhere along the lines of an FC, S13, or AE86. I'd really like to limit myself to these three options just because they are cheap, the parts are relatively cheap, and the parts are also more widely available than some of the more obscure drift cars out there.
    My budget is, what I would like to call "shoestring," meaning, I probably won't be drifting for a while just because I'll need to save up money to replace parts when they start to break, but I'd like to get the opinions from everyone out there on the three different cars above i.e. which ones suit you guys the best and why, and also the common problems associated with the three, such as the overheating with the rotary (or is that only the rotary turbo?). Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks!

Hmm, id choose the fc, but for you id say the s13 if your just getting into the scene.

Comment

Yea, the FC is my third choice. Most likely there are plenty of S13's out there for sale that haven't been too beat up, and if I get really lucky, maybe an AE86.

Comment

S13 is you best bet, they're easy to find and usually cheap in decent condition...

FC... is cheap... but the parts are expensive and they handle like a pile of cow dung... but thats only what I've heard..

AE86... is a awesome car... but they usually arent cheap...and the inital cost may be cheap but let me give you a warning that they can ... and most likly will be expensive down the road...

Comment

yea go with the s13 most reliable imo.

Comment

other good cheep drift cars out there are F body camaro and fox body 5.0s there cheep as dirt, have hella aftermarket and make gobs of torque which is allways a good thing while drifting

another choice could be a E30 325i BMW, ive seen them go for $600 around her in the bay, given way in Germany and pretty cheep everywhere else..plus there is also a good aftermarket and huge support networks for all thies cars

but on your first list, i would have to say the S13 and FC would both be good choices...just depends on how many people you want to carry with ya

Comment

Working...
            X