Ueo not competeing at Irwindale!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ueo not competeing at Irwindale!?

WTH? He is not on the driver list at d1gp.com.

Am I just missing him somewhere?

Yeah,

Rumor is that Ueo is retiring from D1. He was pretty unhappy with the politics of the competition, and my understanding was that he had some sponsorship troubles last year, such as not being able to have full control over specs of the car or car setup.

Take all this with a grain of salt. It's all hearsay, but I'm pretty sure that is what happened. If anyone else has info, please do share!

Also, if anyone can read Japanese, his website is www.sift.jp , and he has a journal up that he supposedly updates regularly.

SageCraft@hotmail.com
    Jonny

Comment

Ah yes, the ever present politics...

If that is the reason I wouldn't blame him. I hate it when I get all mixed up in BS politics that you have absolutely no control or say in.

I hope you are wrong though. He is an incredible driver!

He would be greatly missed...

Comment

I heard he got suspended (or banned for 1 year)
        for driving his D1 car at a NON D1 event

Max

Comment

what??!!! ueo thinking about retiring no way!!

-wait ueo got ban for a year after driving his d1 car at a non d1 event...that's crap what about all those guys in the drift extreme events...they're from d1....

(maybe ueo is going back to the streets)

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot

-wait ueo got ban for a year after driving his d1 car at a non d1 event...that's crap what about all those guys in the drift extreme events...they're from d1....

or maybe to other events like BM

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot

Yes, He got banned for using his car on the N2 races.

-Al

Comment

Wow. That's kinda messed up.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up, Al. I stand corrected.

That sucks, but at least that means that Ueo's not gone for good. If it's only a one year suspension, I'm sure he'll be back in '06 with a kickin' corolla just itchin' for competition. Plus, we gotta share some 86 love to Hibino, Yoshioka, Taka, and Al of course!

Al, I'll be lookin' for you at D1! Try to keep your corolla in one piece this time .

SageCraft@hotmail.com
                  Jonny

Comment

Originally posted by SageCraft
                    Thanks for clearing that up, Al. I stand corrected.

That sucks, but at least that means that Ueo's not gone for good. If it's only a one year suspension, I'm sure he'll be back in '06 with a kickin' corolla just itchin' for competition. Plus, we gotta share some 86 love to Hibino, Yoshioka, Taka, and Al of course!

Al, I'll be lookin' for you at D1! Try to keep your corolla in one piece this time .

SageCraft@hotmail.com
                    Jonny
                    I won't be driving this Feb. I didn't get enough seat time on the 21st and apparently the car broke down after 3 laps due to flywheel bolts getting shredded.

No seat time = No Driving. Don't want to stick the car on the wall again.

-Al

Comment

Working...
                    X