• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grassroots or Mainstream

When did you first learn of drifting??
    Pre-1999
    58.06%
    Before the D1 in america was announced...
    29.03%
    After the D1 was announced and promotion began...
    6.45%
    After the D1....
    0.00%
    OLD SCHOOL... Pre-1990
    6.45%

i got into drfting in 98..after my FF cone killing stent...(i had a CSP 87 CRX Si)
    my girfriend(now wife) sent me an old options drift club vid...that got me hooked..2 weekend later i got a clean AE86 for $400 and it went from there..

oh and you should add before inital D and after inital d to the poll...

i saw inital D well after i got into drifting..

Comment

i got into drifting when i turned 18, adn bought a 240sx. that was about 4 years ago.

Comment

I got into drifting almost a year ago... I had been into drag racing... while more highway racing.. me and my friends would take out there brothers cars and race... but some them went to jail.. others moved away... and one.. told me about inital d... and took me drifting once... I was hooked...

I've still only seen three episdoes of inital d...

Comment

got into drifting when i went to japan about 5 years ago saw some action on the tracks and my cousins have some option vids

Comment

I got into drift about 3 and a half years ago, and drifting will never be grassroots here in the states. The bandwagon is huge, and drifting is the next coolest thing, so everyone is showcasing it. It was on 2 fast 2 furious right? ( i never saw that shitty movie) but that is what im talking about. it is mainstream as hell here in the states, but if you are geniune in your interest then you shouldnt care how it is here, you should be trying to better your skillz.

Comment

There was a grassroots phase... Pre-1999 is the grassroots... thats before most anyone from the public ever heard of it... I'm more interested in Touge racing...

Comment

i was first converted in 96 i think it was. a friend of mine went on a trip to japan and when he came back it all started.

Comment

i got interested in drifting probably about a little over half a year ago, or a few months before d1, when some of the us mags were covering drifting, i got interested...

Comment

im sorry dude, the grassroots phase has never been here, if it had, alot more people would understand the sport, grassroots are a beginning place that everyone whose into the sport is familiar with, pre - 1999 everyone was drag racing. Not to mention, grassroots if it had a place, it would still have a place, but it doesnt. It sucks that way. I wish it was like that but whatever... mainstream or grassroots I just glad its finally big here

Comment

Revlimit introduced me to drifting in 2001.

Comment

We V8 guys are in the grassroots area, because no one has ever attempted it with our cars. Right now the boys in hawaii are paving the way for it. Maybe one day I can drift my MN12 alongside yamamotos' Chaser

Comment

i got into it around 98 or 99 cause i saw a article in a magazine somewhere...i cant remember but then i saw a old option magazine and bam! here i am..

Comment

I looked into 86 back in 99, i was 14 at the time and I wonderd why the Japanese loved the cars soo much looked into it.. bought my first option mag before I went to Japan in 2000, brought about 50 lbs of books back with me about cars and other mags.. so when I was 16 I got my first 86, then when I turned 17 I got my second 86, now I am 18 and I have a FC as well. I think next year, I am shooting for a S13 coupe, and selling my first 86. And getting a job next year at Toyota or Mazda. I dont know what to be considerd. to be honest. class of my own.

Comment

Got into imports with my altima. Was searching for Nissan racing on scour(hah). Saw the s13, thought it was an integra. Really started to learn about cars, and buy sophmore year i was starting to race(auto-x).

Comment

Working...
                              X