ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If D1GP was on cable is that selling out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If D1GP was on cable is that selling out?

I wanted too bring the question up after reading IA response too Feedback on the Irwindale race.

It would seem too me that for this sport too grow it needs a little help from a national tv contract. But for all you DVD buyers would that be selling out too the "MAN" for lack of anther word.

I'd watch it on cable and still buy the dvd.

Comment

This has to be one of the silliest questions ever. NASCAR is on TV, F1 is on TV, NHRA is on TV..so why not drifting? Well, since you've been hiding under your rock G4 Tech TV has partnered with Formula D to televise the season on national cable television. So there's your answer. It's not "selling out"..it's just business. And besides not everyone can be at all the events..if these companies and event promoters don't want DVD crews to film then shame on them..but hey..so is life and so is business. There's plenty of other events which aren't on TV that can be filmed. We'll just have to make more trips to Japan which is fine by me. If events don't allow for DVD media companies to shoot their events..then both them and the drivers lose out. So call it selling out if you wish..I think it becomes an opinion at that point.

Comment

that sux, in the states, drifting's just come out and they're already makin plans for national broadcasts. it began here almost a decade ago, and still hasn't seen tv air time......

Comment

It may seem kinda fast all this stuff and it might attract negative attention. In
          America, most people might seem drifting as an oddity or not even consider it a sport but more like a spectacle. Its ok cause theres always going to be people who think it sold out or it didnt. Whatever you think its your belife and it dont matter what other people belive so dont worry about it.

Comment

i think D1GP for some reason dont want too be on Cable be it G4 SPeedtv or ESPN. My feeling is they think they will loose money making a National TV deal in the states sad really the sport wont grow very much without a TV deal in the States you think they learn from other auto racing deals. Maybe they did and want more than cable will pay. So right now they'll just keep making DVD's

Comment

I don't think that is selling out at all.In fact my dream is that they had a channel that was dedicated to Ebisu. 24/7. with commercials though so you could have a potty break though

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                I'd watch it on cable and still buy the dvd.
                same here although drifting has only been on discovery channel and I'm starting to buy dvd's... learned about drifting through magazines and I went to one driftday aswell

greetz

subarufreak

Comment

I highly doubt the D1GP is going to turn out like Nascar, etc..It will be bigger with the younger kids but most middle age + people aren't into it that much. Sure there are some but from all I've seen they don't really care.

Comment

well I watched d1gp on speed last week ,so it looks like they already sold out

Comment

Originally posted by shinkyo
                      well I watched d1gp on speed last week ,so it looks like they already sold out
                      I somewhat understand why bigger name drivers don't drift in D1. No disrepect but $5000 for 1st place? they spent $2000 on tires for the whole weekend i wonder if D1GP payed too have the cars ship too US.

Looking at the GTO simi truck they must get pay too show up cost $500 just too put gas in that thing

Anyone know if the drivers get a piece of the DVD sells?

Comment

Today anther reason why D1GP needs a TV deal Fd was on NBC news (Local)today and not one word mention about D1GP when it was in town.

Looking forward too Formula D and the TV coverage and how BIG and FAST it will grow i hope they can can get some $$$$ next year when they see how much money can be made when pairing Drifting and CART on the same weekend every place they race.

Comment

Working...
                        X