ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My project AE86 GT-S Conversion.. BODY WORK PICTURES!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My project AE86 GT-S Conversion.. BODY WORK PICTURES!!!!

Heres some pictures of this sucker. I bought it on the 6th of feb. I dropped it off the next day at the auto body shop to get an estimate... four grand... my baby will be perfect when shes done.. then suspension, lsd, engine..

figuring out how to post the pictures in here... click on em down below for now

Heres a broad side view of just a few days ago... Its work in progress...

heres a closer up view of the left side

theres me taking the rubber sanding wheel, and getting those nasty decals off

front view

clean interior picture
    Attached Files

hey, here some more
    Attached Files

Comment

heres some more.....
      Attached Files

Comment

and some of the exhaust
        Attached Files

Comment

let me know what you guys think, ill let you guys all what i am doing with it later, im a bit busy

Comment

Host > Attach.

Comment

looks like aslot of work, but itll be nice when its done.
              whyt color will it be when its done?

Comment

its goign to be House of Kolor tangerine.. if you get a House of Kolor chart, look up BC-01 over UK-07

Thats a dark deep kandy tangerine color. If you have seen any 2005 Nissan Altimas or SPEC-V's, its very close to that color. The third image on here is quite similar to the color. gives you an idea. my color will be a tad darker, and a much more "kandy" metalic look. The other two, are pictures of an orange AE86. the color im using is similar, but not exact on either of them.

I got the idea for orange, was when i was 13, i saw all those new Ford Sport-trac trucks that were "ford burnt orange"... i said when i get my car im repainting it that color.. so here i am...

Its interested to see how long this paint job lasts. While he was showing me everything thats getting fixed, and all the dents and dings, he explained every single one, and how they get there. He came ot the conclusion that there is 21 hours of body work before primer. I showed every single one and speculated as to how it got there. Many on the top of the car were from people sitting things up there, or getting pissed and hitting the top. There were two good ones on the door frame, where he said someone got pissed and hit it really really hard a few times. On the fender there were many where some idiot leaned up against it... He says i should carry the reciept in the car to show people if they hit me, how much money they'll have ot pay to replicate the paint. Materials alone are 700 dollars. (house of kolor). WHen i get it back, an expensive *Censored**Censored**Censored* alarm(notifies you when its going off), is going straight on the car with very low sensitivity.. then! DEATH to anyone who leans up against it, or sits ANYTHIGN on it..

also! no dorifto for me unless its in a HUGE parking lot, or on a WIDE track...

on the color:

My original plan was a completely black car.. tinted windows, black rims, and the glossiest black paint ever... my body shop guy told me it would be extremely hard to do because if he missed even one dent, it would stand out like a sore thumb. thats when i remembered my statement about the orange color. then he brought it up to me about the house of kolor three stage paint... tight sh!t, heres the pics

for some reason i cant get the nismo nissan picture up..
                Attached Files

Comment

should look pretty cool. its costing you 4 grand? is it gonna be a show car? whats it for?

Comment

Originally posted by sdtouge
                    its costing you 4 grand? is it gonna be a show car?

daily driver.. LOL

My estimate from Cliff's Autobody & Paint is $4,205.00 w/o tax.

heres the catch

if you know people.. you're in good hands..

I went to school with his kid since we were in 1st grade. I grew up with him through boyscouts and crap, thats been about 10 years or so. (17 now), so i have a pretty good relationship with him..

2nd thing, i own a landscaping business. Were swapping work. I paid him 1500 cash to start the project and pay for materials and some of the labor. (half of that 1500 is materials). Whats left I will contract out, to do his yard..

The result - a very nice, what id consider my first reallll car (recall teh minivan tray sliding???) with a perfect body, beautiful paint, daily driving, weekend drift car...

When my friends and I got into drifting, they were into the rough looking cars that were built up for performance.. they themselves own some rougher looking cars, with... no performance lol.. personally i like a clean car.. so i started with the body and paint first. i want it to look nice, and present well, but be a sleeper, in the fact that I still drift, and can kill ricers.

i like it.. it fits me...

Comment

hey sick car dude, should look awesome when its done!

Comment

Working...
                      X