This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAMUEL HUBINETTE's plans for 2005?

what is sam h. going to be doing for the 2005 season? i heard that he is going to sit out for this one, although it's just a rumor. is he still sponsored by mopar/dodge?

There were those rumours that he would be driving a crossfire roadster.
    I haven't heard anything to confirm it.. I think banning the viper was a big desision to make though.

Comment

His car remains a secret....? Why? The anticipation is only killing me, i wanted to get it outta him during D1 this past weekend. Although their may be rumors of him sitting out this season, i would highly doubt he would be sitting out because he wants to.. maybe his "secret" car won't be ready...

I'm glad they banned the Viper.. common look at the beast... a stock car like the viper was not made to drift.. Sam's car was modified x 10... someone told me it had a dual viper chassis or frame work something like that. That is what allowed his car to drift like it did.

Its going to be intresting to see if he does or doesn't come out to drift Formula Drift and if he does... what car will it be, and it will it be enough to take out Rhys Millen....
      Last edited by racesauce; 03-02-2005, 03:24 PM.

Comment

after to talking to him at d1, sam said hes got something up his sleeve actually, he didnt want to tell any one, but he has assured me its gonna be something to remember! he said its gonna be debuted at Formula D new jersey! so keep an eye out for him!
        -randy

Comment

I talked to him too actually, he wouldn't tell me what his new car is going to be either but he said if everything goes according to plan it will make its debut at the Long Beach GP drift exhibition which is actually a little while before the first round of FD..

According to him he says he wants to be able to tell people but I doubt it! I think hes getting a kick out of keeping this huge secret..

All I have to say to everyone is dont be confined to just dodge...remember dodge is owned by dalmer-chrylser..which means it could be some type of Mercedes or mercedes platform also..OoOoOoOo..ya never know.. I say charger even though that car is ugly to me but whatever..

Comment

it will have a roof, lol, thats all he said when we talked to him at JGTC

Comment

Speculations....

hahah

Comment

Actually that ME4-12 isn't a half bad idea..maybe have a chassis and body similar to that but drop in a hemi instead of the quad-turbo V12 and you'd have yourself a nice little drifting chrysler advertisement

Comment

Originally posted by racesauce
                  I'm glad they banned the Viper.. common look at the beast... a stock car like the viper was not made to drift.. Sam's car was modified x 10... someone told me it had a dual viper chassis or frame work something like that. That is what allowed his car to drift like it did.
                  Whomever told you that is an idiot. I can put you in touch with the guy that tuned the suspension on that car and he'll tell you flat out that Hubinette's Viper is the exact same as every other Viper Comp Coupe out there in terms of the frame/chassis. Oh, and it is NOT A TUBE FRAME CAR.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaggorri
                    Whomever told you that is an idiot. I can put you in touch with the guy that tuned the suspension on that car and he'll tell you flat out that Hubinette's Viper is the exact same as every other Viper Comp Coupe out there in terms of the frame/chassis. Oh, and it is NOT A TUBE FRAME CAR.

True Tube Frame or not, it's not legal

Comment

tada its no suprise...look what he drives all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
                        True Tube Frame or not, it's not legal
                        I know it's not legal due to the fact that the Viper Comp Coupe is not a street legal car, but that wasn't the question.

Comment

Hes driving a ....... BMW! next year.

Comment

Psh! hes not going to drive a BMW for the FD season!...that would be cool but hes still under Mopar sponsorship is he not?

*throws beans at everyone*

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                              Psh! hes not going to drive a BMW for the FD season!...that would be cool but hes still under Mopar sponsorship is he not?

*throws beans at everyone*

You haven't been around to look of what had happen this year huh...

Driver talking to sponsor this week: Ill still be your driver man... No matter what.

Driver the following week: I got offered by another team and they are giving me more, see ya!

Sponsor: WTFMATE>!?

-Al

Comment

Working...
                              X