ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drifting on Street in Long Beach Today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting on Street in Long Beach Today!!!

Alex Pfieffer, Tyler Mcquarrie, Taka Aono and Hiro Sumida had a 25 minute drifting session on the streets of Long Beach around the big fountain near the aquarium this morning. The demonstration was part of a media initiative for the Long Beach Grand Prix and the addition of some of the top drivers in the Formula D series. A number of media outlets were given ride-alongs in the cars including NBC who filmed a 3 minute segment to be aired tonight supposedly at 5,6,10 and 11 PM.

The Long Beach Grand Prix will feature 14 drivers from the Formula D Championship performing demonstrations on April 9th and 10th and on April 8th there wil be an open practice.

Formula D will also be featured in up to 6 Champ Car events this 2005 season including the San Jose Grand Prix on the street of San Jose, the Cleveland Grand Prix, Portland and up to 2 more races.

The invited drivers for the first event in Long Beach are:

Samuel Hubinette
    Chris Forsberg
    Rhys Millen
    Ken Gushi
    Hiro Sumida
    Taka Aono
    Tyler McQuarrie
    Vaughn Gittin Jr.
    Dai Yoshihara
    Chris Milano
    Alex Pfeiffer
    Andy Yen
    Kazu Hayashida
    and.....

Nobuteri Taniguchi

He will NOT be driving the S-15, he will be driving ******

Drivers for the following events will be chosen by FD series points standings and requests from each race promotor.

FD

so i take it that the segment will be aired on the nbc nightly news?

Comment

sooo... NOB will be in his Lexus then?

Comment

*loading up my pics right now to show taka's gardening skills*

Comment

I can't believe I missed this! please tell me someone has a vid of this! Who was there? Was sam there with his new car?? Gushi with his mustang??? Chris with is S15????...what of donuts...whaaaaaaat???!

Comment

only taka, hiro, tyler, and alex drove today

I saw Ed Loh formerly of Import racer, the photographer from SEMA News (forgot his name), myself, Antonio of Cipher Media, Kenta from Battle Magazine, and a few others there....

pics:

Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 03-17-2005, 12:44 AM.

Comment

I can imagine the people eating at Bubba Gumps right there.

"would you like any more shrimp to go wiht your tire?"

Comment

Good stuff!!! I want to see some more pictures!!!!! Even though I don't get to drift, I still want to go check it out and cheer for my buddies!
                Last edited by Hubert Young; 03-17-2005, 02:20 PM.
                Hubert Young
                KORE 8 Films

Comment

I soooooooooo wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

NOB's switching to his wrx now right? If my memory serves me right

Comment

Originally posted by RotaDrift
                      NOB's switching to his wrx now right? If my memory serves me right
                      WRX? I don't think he even has a WRX... He is currently driving a Toyota Altezza in the D1 series. He still used his red S15 for round 1 at Irwindale just couple weeks ago though.
                      Hubert Young
                      KORE 8 Films

Comment

Nobutero Taniguchi has his D1 HKS Altezza. Nobushige Kumakubo will be driving a WRX for D1 this season, but nobody knows anything about it.

Comment

NOB will not be driving the Altezza or a WRX.....

Comment

If its the one i'm thinking about, it has 4 doors & is red....i saw it at TAS sitting quietly, with only NOB sticker about 1" in size at the bottom of the rear window. It's a well built machine...

Comment

PHP Code:
                              If its the one i'm thinking about, it has 4 doors & is red....i saw it at TAS sitting quietly, with only NOB sticker about 1" in size at the bottom of the rear window. It's a well built machine... 

Good man!!

Comment

Working...
                              X