RWD in canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWD in canada

hey ya'll, today i was gonna buy a 240sx.. BUT! my friends scared the sht outta me.. well i live in canada ontario(ottawa) and like ya'll know its snowy there and icy and all that sht.. and so my friends told me that its gonna slide on you on each and every corner (if am goin a lil fast).. even on the highways!! well if its gonna go sideways on the highway am dead! so could anyone tell me thats true .. i mean its an old *Censored**Censored**Censored* 240sx with no traction control and none of that new stuff.. so anyone could gemme advice on this matter i'll be greatful.. i wanna know how dangerous it is.. cuz Ottawa is mad cold with rain snow and icy rain the whole winter :/ but i never suspected it might go sideways on the highway! thats too dangerous.. and am an amature driver with a lil skill .. yes i drive since i was 15 RWD cars but never on snow.
    Help me

no

Comment

no its not dangerous or no don't get it?

Comment

just learn to drive better
        i had an old pos BMW in germany...chans are not legal there...and iw as driving that thing everywhere...even on the autobahn in the dead of winter...so it aint no big deal

Comment

i ain't puttin chains .. but BMWs got traction control and ABS and all that stuff :/ i drive well its not like i don't am good..i think! but am afraid of stuff like changing lanes on icy road and i might slip u know ? back home (middle east) we go 260km/h on curved highways and nuttin happens, thats cuz we got no ice nor snow :P barly rain for 2 months so am not used to this weather. :s its all cuz of my friends.. they scared my and told me those stories. anyway hopfully nuttin happens
          any good advices?

Comment

like i said in my post...OLD POS BMW...so no eletronic buzz kills in this car..
            just learn how to drive it...no problem

Comment

You have snow right now,damn that must suck.

Comment

No to the fact that snow should sway your descion. Its the same as any other car.

Comment

are you lost? this is DRIFTING.com. i think sliding in corners is what everyone does (or wants to do anyway) here.

Comment

am not lost.. i know ya'll wanna get sideways. but i thought gettin sideways not intentionally sucks and dangerous! so i thought askin you "drifters" if you know how to prevent it might help.. i saw FF cars go sideways on roads with no salt on them.. so i was like if i get a FR i'll do 360s from here to cali..and i dun wanna do that besides the real goal am tryin to achieve right now is not gettin sideways, cuz really in snow anyone can "drift" i'll leave the drifting for the rainy or dry days
                    Last edited by amature; 12-31-2003, 12:32 AM.

Comment

How do you think that people have survived for the last hundred years?
                      Traction control and ABS has only been around since the mid 80s.
                      How do you recon how everyone who lives where it snows have survived so far?

Adjust your driving to the road conditions.

Comment

i agree with henrik there.. just drive differently... dont spin your tires... im in vancity right now and we got a wole crap load of snow in that last week and most people dont know how to drive in it and jsut spin their tires and get stuck... keep your traction... (unless you want to have fun...)

Comment

Originally posted by SHIFT_drift
                          i agree with henrik there.. just drive differently... dont spin your tires... im in vancity right now and we got a wole crap load of snow in that last week and most people dont know how to drive in it and jsut spin their tires and get stuck... keep your traction... (unless you want to have fun...)
                          Weird weather.Vancouver rarely gets snow,you have a ton.I'm in Toronto,and we can wear spring jackets outisde,and our grass is greener than Californias.Not like having no snow during winter is bad.

Comment

cool then.. imma get me the 240.. thanks guys
                            Ottawa's weather is colder than toronto and vancouver for sure, sometimes its even colder than montreal. What got me in this city

Comment

Working...
                            X