Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sil-eighty fans, check this out

http://www.boostcruising.com/readers...ry/6/6906.html

YIKES!!! And it's a real sil-eighty to, I think.
    Last edited by Tokyo_X-treme_R; 03-21-2005, 03:02 PM.

the weak thing is that all the people on that site seem to like that car...

Comment

Thats one hot ride ! I don't like the airbrushed lady on the hood though, looks nice but it doesn't fit a nice japanese car ... such paintjobs are for big truck and old domestic cars. I like the color, looks sweet ! and it properly looks better IRL.

Comment

I think they are from Australia or something, because I was browsing other galleries and they kept using the word "mate". I guess they like anything with chromies or wild graphics.

Comment

i just threw up a little in my mouth.

Comment

Man, view the nissan galleries and you guys won't believe what these guys do to them, lol. I guess there more than just that sil-eighty pic that I found. The sad thing is that all the cars are JDM and given tasteless treatment to them.

Comment

Let us bow our heads in a moment of silence for a fallen sil-eighty....
              .......hot damn that thing is ugly haha , but hey whatever floats your boat i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Tokyo_X-treme_R
                http://www.boostcruising.com/readers...ry/6/6906.html

YIKES!!! And it's a real sil-eighty to, I think.
                OMG!!!!

There are really no real sil-eighties. This topic has been discussed in many forums many many times. There are rumors that Nissan have a production run of 500 of them in 1996. I have yet to have confirmation on that though.
                Hubert Young
                KORE 8 Films

Comment

I belive there was actually a limited production but I am not sure. It was acually Nissan's way of capitalizing on the tuner scene. At that point of time many tuners were making the hybrid by taking the front end of the s13 and the rear end of the 180 sx (or vice versa) to make somthing different. The nickname for the car was the SILEIGHTY. Nissan just took the idea and the name and sold it on order basis.

Comment

But even if what I know is a rumor... That car is one ugly disgrace to anything on four wheels. The paint should be stripped and the interior gutted... Lets not even speak of the wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by motdyn_s14
                      OMG!!!!

There are really no real sil-eighties. This topic has been discussed in many forums many many times. There are rumors that Nissan have a production run of 500 of them in 1996. I have yet to have confirmation on that though.

Nissan nevever manufacture the sil eighty but they were a dealer option

Originally posted by RotaDrift
                      Let us bow our heads in a moment of silence for a fallen sil-eighty....
                      .......hot damn that thing is ugly haha , but hey whatever floats your boat i guess
                      Amen

Comment

Originally posted by makai
                        I belive there was actually a limited production but I am not sure. It was acually Nissan's way of capitalizing on the tuner scene. At that point of time many tuners were making the hybrid by taking the front end of the s13 and the rear end of the 180 sx (or vice versa) to make somthing different. The nickname for the car was the SILEIGHTY. Nissan just took the idea and the name and sold it on order basis.
                        NO NEVER PRODUCED. I really don't like that 180sx at all. I hate how riced out it is and then they got the Chrome rims. Bling! Bling! So lame

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                          Attached Files

Comment

That makes sense... So it was only available through the dealer? So it had nothing to do with NISSAN itself?

Comment

Ok. So then how did it end up on GT4? I mean because the cars need to be LICENSED BY THE MANUFACTURER to be on that game. Also, the Sil-Eighty appeared in GameBoy Advances GT Championship Racing. A japanese game with only licensed cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X