Hehehe Maxima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hehehe Maxima

Kinda makes me want to steal my dad's Maxima http://www.speedtrialusa.com/wmv/gingermanmax-1.wmv

People on this site have some low-a55 standards...

That was one of the sorriest attempted drifts i have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by _PG_
      People on this site have some low-a55 standards...

That was one of the sorriest attempted drifts i have ever seen.
      Agreed. That was just a Maxima going into a corner too fast and almost losing it.

Comment

yet we laugh and cheer at drift events when cars spin out or hit walls or other cars

Comment

Im not saying it was good. im just saying it is funny. look how it almost flipped.

Comment

what the hell was that?

honestly that was *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.........

Comment

Well, America shouldnt have very high standards. The quality of drifters over here is pretty damn low. Its sorta sad. I mean, when I was in Japan, I went to a street-dori spot on a normal night and the non-pro guys were frickin godly compared to any of the non-pro guys over here. Im not trying to flame America, all i'm saying is that drifting hasnt been around here long enough to have high standards.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt
                what the hell was that?

honestly that was *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.........
                Drifting HAS been around enough to have higher standerds than THAT! That was like... US drifting circa 1998! Stop going to Drift Day Beginner to get a feel for "non-pro" drivers.

BTW, i know what you mean in Japan. Hardly ANYONE is sponsored for sh!t, and they all rock the house! But consider that the average drifter in Japan has over 10+ years of experience. ANd a culture that tolerates it in public places. EASY to practice as much as you want.

Ever see BEGINNERS though? Fukc, beginner drifters are beginner drifters all around the world. All about the same!

Comment

i keep hearing about how they are much more leniant for drifters in japan....can you give me an example?

Comment

Originally posted by Spy001
                    i keep hearing about how they are much more leniant for drifters in japan....can you give me an example?
                    Haha .... uhh. Cops come.
                    "Leave right now."
                    "OK." everyone gets in their cars and drives to the nearest 7-11. Park and buy snacks hang out in the parking lot.
                    Cops comes and parks /patrols near everyone. 1 or 2 hours later he gets bored and leaves. Everyone gets in their cars and goes back to drifting.

On some more popular spots that have been complained about for years, they have installed "cats eyes" aka larger than normal center reflectors that have been known to bite wheels and stuff, not to mention provide a big enough disruption to upset a smooth drift. And they also put stripes of more grippy asphalt (think griptape form a skateboard almost) in diagonal lines (usually these sticky patches are dull red or white). These are harder to drift on cause the changechangechangechangechangechangechangechange of grip your rear wheels get from it.

Comment

Its funny though. The "Nabu" spot in Yokohama where many people (including Kuni Takahashi) learned to drift has cat eyes. The thing is, they only force the drifters to improve their skills by having to drift around them. They arent really much of a use.....

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                        Its funny though. The "Nabu" spot in Yokohama where many people (including Kuni Takahashi) learned to drift has cat eyes. The thing is, they only force the drifters to improve their skills by having to drift around them. They arent really much of a use.....
                        Yeah, but if you aren't good enough to avoid them, the big ones have been known to eat wheels. PLus, everyone messes up somtime. Its not like it deters drifting, but it makes screwing up more likely and thus some of the less-hardcore guys may give up going to that spot and if so, i guess the police think they are accomplishing something. I dunno.

Comment

yeah i know what you are sayin pg i have seen them rip off oil pans and bend rims

Comment

Working...
                          X