Buying Help plz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Help plz!

if i want a nice drift machine for $10,000 max what should i buy?

purely subjective

FC
    AE

parts are scarce an the lower
    cressida
    m30
    q45

all used and room for upgrades

Comment

What do you want? Drift what YOU want not what WE want. Anything RWD AWD or FWD. It's purely up to you. I'd say get a RWD. Hell for 10,000 i'll sell you mine.

Comment

is it possible to even drift a FWD car?? lol anyways ive been looking into it, what would a good deal on a used FD cost and whats the diff between a 240 and silvia?

Comment

I know where a used FD is right now for 10,000........

Needs some motor work but still runs and hauls some major anus.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
            I know where a used FD is right now for 10,000........

Needs some motor work but still runs and hauls some major anus.

i found this really funny....is there such a thing as minor anus, or mediocre? anus? Would it evolve into hauling elephant anus or hamster sphincter?

The difference between 240 and silvia is USDM and JDM. its all the same thing man(except for engine option and coupe or FB) Silvia is coupe and 180sx or 200sx(aussie) is FB. the 240sx is USDM for coupe and HB.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
              What do you want? Drift what YOU want not what WE want. Anything RWD AWD or FWD. It's purely up to you. I'd say get a RWD. Hell for 10,000 i'll sell you mine.

That's a steal for a FD.What's wrong with the other one,weak apex seals,o-ring on its way out?

Comment

Re: Buying Help plz!

Originally posted by ExceL
                if i want a nice drift machine for $10,000 max what should i buy?
                import a 180sx well thats what i would do ugh so sexy.......ymmmmm lol k sorry

Comment

theres a pulsar GTi-R for sale in redwood city for 13K...thats JDM for ya

Comment

I'm just gonna assume you want a RWD. I think the best idea would be to test drive as many of these as you can. They all have different character. Then pick which one "feels right" for you. I like the 86 cuz it's small and very nimble. Yo might like a heavier car with longer wheelbase for smoother drifting like a 240. I've driven 240s before and it's night and day so I'm sure all of them will be drastically different.

Chances are an already built car will only hinder your progress if you're learning and will be harder to drive. Everyone is different so the setup, especially suspension should be tailored to the way YOU drive. I'd also suggest building it yourself. This way you know your car and if something goes wrong you know exactly what's up. It feels good to know you built your car, can fix your car, and being able to "tune in" to what it's doing will make you drive it better.

If you wanna buy an already built drift car go ahead but I wouldn't.

Just my $ .02

Comment

Working...
                    X