Fd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fd

I gotta say Jay Laubs RX-7 in it's new form is exciting. Man this thing is awesome. Too bad the reporter who reported on him either REALLY fooked up what he said or he has no idea what he is talking about. Not sure which but I like to think that anyone that can build a car THIS sweet has to know about it.

Here's the text.

Ann: As gorgeous as the outside looks, jay has also paid a great deal of attention to the style of the interior, and you want to ride in comfort to let you enjoy the power underneath that custom hood. When I first came across your car the first thing that caught my eyes is the engine. Can you tell me more about that?

Jay: Yeah I have a 13V roller with a twin turbo from factory. I converted it from a single turbo to a twin turbo. I added a lot of little beauty to it like the plug mount on the inner cooler, the big radiator to the fly wheel to the clutch to the pulley system to full exhaust system. All the way from down pipe back. The ignition has been changed. The computer has been updated. Pretty much everything I've done you can see yourself.

Ann: Now you have a very impressive sound system back there. Tell me about that. What inspired you?

Jay: The sound system just completed out the whole scene thing because I was entering shows before without the system and I wasn't getting anywhere. I guess you have to have a system now days to get anywhere in the import
    industry.

No someone tell what the hell a 13v is? Also a Roller? Is that like rollerderby? Not clear on that one. But since it came twin turbo from the factory why the hell did he convert it from single to twin when it has a single on it now? Omg i'm getting seasick.

Also everyone listen up. You can't go anywhere in the import industry without a stereo. I'm sure he meant show circuit. Didn't he?

Either way I love that Amemiya wide body kit. Slobber\
    Attached Files

For some reason I cant talk myself into liking that kit. It ruins the FD's already gorgeous body line. BTW that's ricer talk for you... they buy the car cause it looks good but never learning what it really is... If the FD showed some emotion it would have a tear rolling down its front bumper.
    Last edited by StarShark; 12-31-2003, 04:40 PM.

Comment

im digging it..not bad for a show car
      i think wide body is the shiznit

Comment

What an idiot. Sorry i don't think you can get a twin turbo and convert it to a twin turbo. piece of riced crap..

Comment

13v = 13b unless hes talking about the heater....

Dont like show cars unless they race.

i like the "inner cooler"

Rice boy doesnt know wtf he's talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by signaldrift99
            What an idiot. Sorry i don't think you can get a twin turbo and convert it to a twin turbo. piece of riced crap..
            agreed and why would u ruin the fd what a waste.......

Comment

wtf are you guys talking about that body kit is both functional and fantastic looking. its RE Amemiya for *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*s sake, thats top of the line rx7 stuff not to mention unavailable for the most part in the US and outrageously expensive. its also very well installed and finished, from the looks of the picture

and also i seriously doubt anyone with such great taste to build an rx7 like that would know that little about his car, im sure its just some reporting butchery.

i myself am entering the world of rotaries tomorrow, as im purchasing a 91 GTU im so excited! it will serve as excellent secondary transportation, as i seem to have real bad luck with the s14 lately, but its all good at the moment

Comment

Its a matter of personal taste. IMO I think that particular body is booty. So what if its RE Amemiya made it. If they made LED exhaust tips, would you buy it just becuase it RE??

Comment

Can i get some soy sauce with that ?

Comment

only if they had matching tire flys and windshield washer LED's

i never like something just because its "JDM" or any of that stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, and i dont like it just because its Amemiya. i think its a fantastic looking car that would make most rotary enthusiasts *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* their pants when they see it in person.

oh yeah, and my rx7 has windshield washer LED's (i didnt put them on there)

Comment

oh yeah and also why does everyone on here jump on the bandwagon and start screaming rice, especially when its something that clean? you guys are *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing rice, *Censored**Censored**Censored*gots

Comment

So am I a *Censored**Censored**Censored* if I spoke before or AFTER you posted? Just wondering...anyways...that's a showcar through and through from the looks of it.

It might see some occasional use on the roads, espescially with all the engine work done, but I doubt anyone will take it drifting.

Whoever ownz it definetly put alot of work into it, plus, I really like the front kit....the color is a little too bright for me, put it in a nice silver or pearlescent blue and you got me sold.

As for the engine, hell I'd sport it, and I'd kill to have the work done. I'm already planning on taking out my stereo though, that's just extra weight.

Comment

i like the kit, and it is a very clean show car. some people like to go with appearance, and others (most of us on the board) like performance. opinions people, lets not kill each other for them, just yell at the computer screen, dont type it in. its easier that way too.

Comment

big deal if he doesnt drift it, yeah its definitely a show car. that'd be hot if he drifted it on those chromes though

archangel do you drift your FD? if you do thats hardcore. if i could afford a car like that i would too, some people tell me im stupid for drifting s14 cause its not cheaper like hachi or s13 but an FD is *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing cash money dollars if you wreck it.

Comment

Amemiya makes a really nice kit, thats not it though. That car is fuked nine ways to hell, it looks like crap. The wheels dont even fit right. Oh well, to each their own. Just gotta keep tellin myself that..........

Oh and its always fun when you have a shop install all of your parts, and when people ask you what you did to it, you don't know what parts you installed so you make stuff up.

Comment

Working...
                              X