FORMULA D (JUDGE Panel) Tarzan, Ucchi, Richard, Ken, Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORMULA D (JUDGE Panel) Tarzan, Ucchi, Richard, Ken, Ed

Cool... they should also put in a female judge...
    Hubert Young
    KORE 8 Films

Comment

interesting
      only 2 of the judges drifts.
      Utsumi is a drifter
      Yamada is a circuit racer... that can drift.
      Richard is a writer
      Ken is.....a businessman.
      Ed is a writer.

anyways, this should be interesting.

Comment

my thoughts exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
          interesting
          only 2 of the judges drifts.
          Utsumi is a drifter
          Yamada is a circuit racer... that can drift.
          Richard is a writer
          Ken is.....a businessman.
          Ed is a writer.

Hahaha whoa... wtf. Earlier in the year they said 5 jusdges to even out the scoring and make it more accurate. Haha, well i know what do do for the DA guys.. we'll put literary phrases, paragraphs and alliterations on the sides of the cars so the writer judges will be impressed with our vocab and spelling!

This is possibly the only thing worse than allowing Keiichi Tsuchiya to judge a drift event!

Comment

Well, it is interesting to have some people with the eyes of the spectators to judge since afterall, drifting is a spectator sport. However, since the only 2 judges who can drift are Japanese, it would be difficult for them to communicate to the other 3 non-drifter judges the technicality of the judging. Then the outcome might favor more "side shows" acts.

I have been a judge for several US Drift events and when they put in a non-drifter to judge together, it was a little difficult to have a fair outcome because they just didnt' know what they were judging!

I suggest the other 3 non-drifter judges be well educated by FD before even taking on the judging stands.
            Hubert Young
            KORE 8 Films

Comment

Well, the judges were chosen FOR A REASON. They were probably carefully selected, not just randomly picked. So, there shouldn't really be too much to worry about.

Comment

To date, picking the judging panel was one of the hardest things to possibly do. We are confident with the individuals chosen that they will represent FD to their best ability and be able to represent the true essence of drifting. Cheesy and cliche to say that yes, but just so everyone knows the effort involved.

Comment

what happened with Izumida?
                  i thought he was supposed to judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                    what happened with Izumida?
                    i thought he was supposed to judge.
                    ya i rememebr reading that somehwere two

Comment

No one is ever going to be happy with who the judges are...........

but I am sure a lot of thought was put into this so lets just see how it goes before everyone starts tearing it down

my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by kineticdb8r

but I am sure a lot of thought was put into this so lets just see how it goes before everyone starts tearing it down

my 2 cents

I'm sure in the end it will work itself out but you are wrong about noone being happy who judges, just pick drifters.

Comment

Originally posted by kineticdb8r

my 2 cents

i liked the judges last year?

Comment

Working...
                          X