Drifting Gokarts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting Gokarts!

Anyone done this? What HP does it take to get sideways on pavement, I know they will on gravel **evilgrin**

You can do it at Speedzone. I know that for a fact.

Comment

haha yeah theres a good reason why they call it Slick Tracks at Speedzone.

Comment

Yeah. Especially when you're the only one that hasn't lost control.

Comment

Originally posted by spock
          Yeah. Especially when you're the only one that hasn't lost control.
          ditto I spend half the time avoiding the kids crashing and the other half trying to hold the drift around most of the track (which is hard since there is a spin out in almost every corner )

Comment

so about how many hp does it take?

Comment

I'm not sure how much it takes but it's probably not much more than what they come with from the factory. You could probably fabricate a custom exhaust for one of those and get a little more power. Or, if it's chain-driven, you could just make the gearing a little bit torqueier. With one of those torque is probably more important than horsepower.

Comment

5 HP?

Comment

ya ive done it at ProKart Land in Whakersdorf

hella funn

Comment

so that's a yes with 5hp ?

Comment

Hey a drift cart what a good idea lol... I started a Drift cart project 6 months ago and it is still under construction I'll have to post pics when I get it running.

I have a lawnmower transmission with 6 gears and reverse plus a 10 horse motor. Its going to be so cool but the problem is I have to custom make a rear end and I need brakes. Oh well its under construction.Please don't flame but I wanted to turbo it and another forum said that was crazy and it would be impossible to turbo a motor that small because it would never spool.

But yeh you can drift a cart, that is really how I got into drifting.(been kicked out of way to many go-kart places)

Comment

Do you spell cart/kart C-A-R-T or K-A-R-T?

Comment

Originally posted by Ichi-Go
                          .Please don't flame but I wanted to turbo it and another forum said that was crazy and it would be impossible to turbo a motor that small because it would never spool.
                          Would be easy to supercharge though. Any fan running off of the chain or battery powered for that matter would be more air then it had been getting. But youd have to get some darton sleeves, JE pistons, forged rods, titanium valves...oh wait, no you wouldnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichi-Go
                            Please don't flame but I wanted to turbo it and another forum said that was crazy and it would be impossible to turbo a motor that small because it would never spool.

It might spool if you took off the governor. Have you ever seen riding lawn mower racing? They can get up to 50mph with one gear, but I don't think they use turbos. On second though, maybe they're right the turbo. I'm no mechanic.

Comment

I wanna see pics of your cart

ARE THERE ANY GOOD CART FORUMS?! haven't seen any...I have to see your carts drivetrain...I wanna see how you do that. cart forums where are they help!

Comment

Working...
                              X