ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota GP Long Beach, Day 01 (PIT NOTES)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota GP Long Beach, Day 01 (PIT NOTES)

The drifting started off today at 4:55PM.
    Alex Pfeiffer, Andy Yen, Casper Canul, Chris Kregorian, Ernie Fixmer, Hiroo Sumida, Ken Gushi, Rhys Millen, Taka Aono, Tyler McQuarrie, Vaugh Gitten Jr., Nobuteru Taniguchi, Kazu Hayashida, and Tarzan Yamada were the drivers who drifted this street course of Long Beach for the first time ever. The drivers had a total of about 6 laps before the session ended.
    Some notables of the day were Taniguchi, who drove his new JZS161 Aristo, Ken Gushi in his new Mustang, and Hayashida in his S14.
    Most of the drivers could link turns 9,10, and 11 by the end of the session.
    Casper Canul went out early after only 1 lap. Reason is unknown.
    Gitten and Sumida ripped off their rear bumper by hitting tire walls. No real damage.
    The fairly large crowd loved it and cheered everytime the drivers came around. From the first lap when they saw smoke, they were excited.

Brian Harte
    Pink GodziRa
    Last edited by Brian; 04-09-2005, 07:14 PM.

Your notes are the best...Wish I was down there to see it.

Comment

You like them, Lee?
      these ones are very simple.
      but let me tell you, the crowd really seemed to like the drifting.
      Rhys was driving REALLY close to NOB for a while.... too close for my opinion.
      It's funny watching the corollas try to get through the big course.
      haha.

probably the best one out there today was Hayashida in his s14. he was ripping. Hella tYte lines. A lot of the guys were banging off teh rev limiter for a long time. it was cool.... but i hope the cars last under that stress.
      Jasper Supra and Alex P. did this the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
        Rhys was driving REALLY close to NOB for a while.... too close for my opinion.
        It's funny watching the corollas try to get through the big course.
        haha.

probably the best one out there today was Hayashida in his s14. he was ripping. Hella tYte lines.
        How close is too close? Is Hayashida the guy that drives for rs-r?

Comment

Close to the point that i thought he was going to crash into Taniguchi's new car.

Hayashida drives his s14 which is now in RS*R colors.

Comment

was JR driving the mustang or s13? what about the rest of the drift alliance

Comment

I uploaded 17 pix from todays practice to the Pictures and Video Clips forum.

Enjoy!

Suede

Comment

I am glad to hear that it is interesting. How much did you pay for your ticket Brian?

Comment

where would be the ideal place to sit for a good view. other than the car

Comment

Originally posted by Vosko
                    was JR driving the mustang or s13? what about the rest of the drift alliance
                    They skipped the event to finish their pimp rides for NJ. I think JR was in his S13.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Barker
                      They skipped the event to finish their pimp rides for NJ. I think JR was in his S13.
                      i was gonna ask em directly but didn't want to bother em as i heard they are going insane at the moment !

Comment

JR is in the s13.
                        amanda, I'm happy with what i paid.
                        I stood in the section 18 bleachers, as did many people, such as Seigo, Hubinette, and i think Rutherford and Faust.
                        I'm curious how the other end of the track looks. The yDO have jumbo screens, so you can see whats happening on the rest of the course.
                        I saw NOB doing some nice choku dori and long slides out of the straights.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                          I saw NOB doing some nice choku dori and long slides out of the straights.
                          Aww I hope someone posts some video of it

Comment

Hopefully some of the footage gets aired on television.
                            not sure if or when it will though.
                            day 2 notes... coming up!

Comment

Working...
                            X