ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota GP Long Beach, Day 03 (Pit Notes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota GP Long Beach, Day 03 (Pit Notes)

Drifting started late today at the Grand Prix of Long Beach. Scheduled time was 11:35 a.m., but didn't actually start until 10 minutes after that. J.R. Gitten drove the Milano s13 due to his own car having lost 3rd gear. Casper Canul made his return with a new engine for the S14.
    Alex Pfieffer had an engine fire midway through the session and was forced to retire. Marshalls put the fire out quickly, saving the car. Only minor cosmetic damage, but mechanical damage has yet to be determined in total.

Ken Gushi on his new Mustang, "I love it."
    Hiro Sumida on the course, "Turn 6 if you know what i mean."
    Hiro Sumida on the whole weekend, ""Incredible. I can't really explain it in words, just incredible."
    Tarzan Yamada on the Long Beach track, "It was really fun to drive on the street course. The surface changes were difficult and challenging. The crowds reaction and cheers make me try my best and put on a great show. I really like the city atmosphere, because most of the tracks in Japan are surrounded with mountains, and the Long Beach track was in a city and by the ocean."

Alex Pfieffer on his car troubles, "The body work caught on fire. The exhaust came loose and the flames exited right under the engine, so it set fire to the oil return."

Other fun quotes of the day
    What did the drivers have for breakfast

Gushi - "nothing... oh wait, a coffee."
    Hiro - "Bacon and Egg burito but they didn't give me the bacon."
    J.R. - "Water and an apple."

Comment

was a great show once again i hope they look into making the runs count in Long Beach. i was over in turn 1 today these 2 old guys said i didnt my lexus could do that i almost droped my camera i was laughing so hard. I was hoping Gushi do more runs he didnt run as many laps as some of the others but the Mustang looked great.

Was fun too watch the guys lock the brakes up before the 300' sign some were going soo fast they were sidewise for 350+feet and hitting turn 1 perfect

Comment

this weekend KIKCKED AZZZZZZZZZZZZZ where are the PICS!

Comment

man I watched the champ car race on nbc in hopes that they would play at least a few seconds of drifting.nope. The anouncer was like "If your wondering about all the zig zag tire mark, we had an amazing display of automotive drifting " but they didn't show sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by ///AMG
            this weekend KIKCKED AZZZZZZZZZZZZZ where are the PICS!
            the company which was handling media credentials for the drifting people screwed up and gave everyone some half-assed credentials which wouldn't even let us get into the stands. That's right, the average paying customer had better access than the drifting media did...

sucked *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Comment

i went wherever i wanted to go.
              but not the stands. didnt want to be up there anyway.
              i stood right on the fence, flipping off my friends who were driving and waving and having fun.
              got some great pictures too with my little camera.

there is just one that i took.
              Last edited by Brian; 04-11-2005, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                but not the stands. didnt want to be up there anyway.
                i stood right on the fence, flipping off my friends who were driving and waving and having fun.
                got some great pictures too with my little camera.

more please more

Comment

ok.

Comment

Cool pics..
                    I had a small problem getting in the stands, but I was chilling with Tyson Beckford so we got up...lol..
                    My pass said I was a drifter from the DA..

Comment

Alex Pfieffer on his car troubles, "The body work caught on fire. The exhaust came loose and the flames exited right under the engine, so it set fire to the oil return."

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                        the company which was handling media credentials for the drifting people screwed up and gave everyone some half-assed credentials which wouldn't even let us get into the stands. That's right, the average paying customer had better access than the drifting media did...

sucked *Censored**Censored**Censored*.
                        As the "company which was handling media credentials for the drifting people [who you feel] screwed up and gave everyone some half-assed credentials which wouldn't even let us get into the stands...[allowing] the average paying customer [to have] better access...," I'd like to attempt to make a few points:

1) there were an admittedly & embarrassingly large amount of credential problems...I thought I'd personally apologized to all affected parties and rectified whatever situations there were, but again, sorry. First race of the year, stupid cred set-up, me screwing up, regardless, my apologies.

2) As for media creds (AKA Overcrew passes) not allowing access to reserved grandstands, that's simply the nature of the beast at these events and is in no way related to any credential hiccups...the events are funded by the average paying customers you made mention of, and said ticket-buyers pay extra for reserved grandstand seating. The media cred/overcrew pass grants access EVERYWHERE else, from the hot pit to the race grid to any of the 100+ trackside photo stands.

All of that said, I sincerely thank everyone (media, fans, etc) from coming out to the event, watching history be made and enjoying the great show the Formula D boys put on!

Peter Stark
                        MediaWide Marketing
                        stark@mediawidemarketing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian

flipping off my friends who were driving and wa.

hahahahahhahahahah

Comment

found this on Taniguchi's site

Last edited by my 1 88 u; 04-15-2005, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegas
                              was a great show once again i hope they look into making the runs count in Long Beach. i was over in turn 1 today these 2 old guys said i didnt my lexus could do that i almost droped my camera i was laughing so hard. I was hoping Gushi do more runs he didnt run as many laps as some of the others but the Mustang looked great.

Was fun too watch the guys lock the brakes up before the 300' sign some were going soo fast they were sidewise for 350+feet and hitting turn 1 perfect
                              well i have some photos at the 300 sign but i can't upload them for some reason again great show I hope speedtv will think about taking on FD when the G4 contract is up SO more Car and Race Fans can see Drifting instead of videogamers (mis techtv part of g4 now its a waste of a channel imo) but glad they choose too air events this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X