• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVO IX pics...very sexy

thats thats the nicest evo so far and very sexy

ill always like the looks of the 5 the most

Comment

The front bumper looks too rice with those inlets, but I know that it's a Mitsubishi-justified, R&D-tested functional. And, I hate Mitsubishi for giving such a great car such ugly taillights!

Evo IV and VI were my personal favorites.

Comment

Sexy IMO

I'd take a little rice if it meant I'd get the raw performance of an evo.
        Last edited by tougeC; 04-11-2005, 08:24 AM.

Comment

When is that evo going to be realeased state-side?
          That looks alot nicer than the evo8 imo. I hope they do away with the bumper they have now on the evo8.

Comment

those tail lights are slightly more classy and atleast arnt all chromey like the 8 that make the taillights look like a two dollar aftermarket part. Those most likely non functional spikes on the end of the roof make the car look like an asian kid with spiked hair...however im digging that new rear diffuser

Comment

lol..pick up a car and driver magazine..they had a segment on the Evo MR edition..those spikey things have a function

"Not to mention the MR's real secret weapon, a row of eight triangular shark's teeth jutting up at the rear of the roof. Collectively, those 7/8 inch vanes are a "vortex generator," reducing drag and augmenting the downforce delivered by the big carbon-fiber wing."

just thought I'd clear that up =P
              Last edited by tougeC; 04-14-2005, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I was gonna say it looks just like the evo MR

Comment

?

the evo mr's i heard arent great i heard that they fall apart at high speeds and thay have such huge turbo lag but then again they said"its an easy vehicle to drive and is impossible to loose control"

Comment

any difference to the engine? all i see ugly looking front bumper, a rear diffuser which aint bad, those fins on the roof(dunno that for) and tailights. how come they never do any dramatic changes? from 6 to 7, there was very big change. sadly i heard the 7 didnt do to well. i love the 6 the most though.

Comment

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
                      any difference to the engine? all i see ugly looking front bumper, a rear diffuser which aint bad, those fins on the roof(dunno that for) and tailights. how come they never do any dramatic changes? from 6 to 7, there was very big change. sadly i heard the 7 didnt do to well. i love the 6 the most though.
                      I believe the only difference to the engine is the addition of MIVEC, Mitsubishi's VTEC. I'm not sure if it was offered on the Evo8 MR, but it will be standard on all Evo9 models, along with the vortex generators.

They can't really do to much to the engine, as they're already at the limits of WRC and/or Japanese DOT regulations. All they can do is just fine-tune it to be even more capable than it already is. Plus, the 4GC3 has been so good to them, why would they completely change it? Maybe if they start losing consistently, they might...

Comment

Working...
                      X