Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building a drift track in socal...

hi guys,

what do you guys think about "IF" we can build a dedicated drift track in SOCAL?

1. it will be open at least once or twice a month
    2. it will have a tire changer facility
    3. it will have race gas pump
    4. it will have a food court
    5. no i am not dreaming, i need your opinions.
    6. it can have multiple layout where it won't be the same every month.
    7. what do you guys want to see? it will probably be about 1-2 hours away of downtown LA.
    8. average cost of entry fee is $100-120 max per driver
    9. we will build it, but we need drivers to support it to stay open.

please post your thoughts, questions and opinions here. leave the hate else where...
    if everything looks good, it will be done by start of 06 or sooner.

I love the idea, charlie, esp. the part about tire changing machine... problem is, we need certified people to man it, or we will have LOTS of problems with liability... maybe get the venue or events partially sponsored by a tire company? Just a thought...

Comment

eff socal, they get everythign how about something in the northeast

Comment

It's a freakin great idea.

it should be like Ebisu in a way, where it has a "main" layout, but it has little spots that you can switch up. (put a turn closer, make a little different route, etc.)

or like Sekia Hills! That's a better reference, because it has different options as well.

nice tarmac, dirt or grass sides. no walls right at the main spin spot. several possible layout options.
        thats what we need.

Comment

YES! I would love another chance to practice legally! each month.
          Need any help, let me know. I'm there!

USDRFTR

Comment

Originally posted by kumasan616
            I love the idea, charlie, esp. the part about tire changing machine... problem is, we need certified people to man it, or we will have LOTS of problems with liability... maybe get the venue or events partially sponsored by a tire company? Just a thought...
            I CAN THINK OF A LOT OF QUALIFIED TIRE PEOPLE..............

Discount Tire Co/America's Tire Co......heck we have our own DRIFT CAR!

Comment

Originally posted by kumasan616

the tire changing is not a problem... professional tire changer that changes tires for race teams all day.

good ideas so far... whatelse? so it's "if we build it, you will come" type of thing. it will be designed and made professionaly... cool.

Comment

we're gonna make it as safe as possible. meaning, we're making sure it's safe that our cars last and we're having fun drifting. instead of spending money fixing cars.

Comment

That sounds like a great idea charlie.. do it do it do it.. you got my support 110%

Comment

Sounds good. Only thing is that it should be open WAAAYYY more than once or twice a month. Otherwise it will be no better than like drift days. So, you guys should have it open like at least every weekend, if not on Fridays or Friday nights and every weekend. Oh, and it should be open on most days of the week in the summer. Maybe. Just some thoughts.....

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                      Sounds good. Only thing is that it should be open WAAAYYY more than once or twice a month. Otherwise it will be no better than like drift days. So, you guys should have it open like at least every weekend, if not on Fridays or Friday nights and every weekend. Oh, and it should be open on most days of the week in the summer. Maybe. Just some thoughts.....
                      cool ideas... we will open probably on summer nights. so it won't be that hot... but as far as opening every weekend. i don't think people can afford to go drifting every weekend. we are going to reserve some weekends and weekdays for private events/corporate testing/filming etc.

stan, yeah we are working hard for this one. the more support we get in our events that more we can convince that we need a dedicated drift track. thanks everyone, opinions, suggestions are welcome.

Comment

L.H. is with you Charlie!!! We will support it any way we can!

we got your back little fella.

Terry

Comment

Elevation! no more flat or embanked courses and keep spectators in mind. If you build it they will come.

Comment

well the idea is cool, but do you know how much it will cost? Im thinking a million bucks easy... and insurance... so cal land is very expensive. moran raceway (beoumont kart track) cost over a mil and is juat a piece of land with a narrow kart track... no spectator seating, no bathrooms besides a porto and a 40 foot container for an office. Instead of building a new track you should talk to stephanie at willow springs and rent the streets track for events, maybee work out a regular date once or twice a month to start. they already have a tire mounting shop, race gas pumps, a resturaunt, bathrooms, spectator seating and the track has lots of different configurations and elevation change. its $2000 a day weekdays and $2500 a day for weekends (exclusive full day)

www.willowspringsraceway.com

Michael Essa
                            www.techtrixmotorsports.com
                            Porsche Racing
                            Last edited by techtrix; 04-21-2005, 04:55 PM.

Comment

hmmm

yeah having an idea is one thing.making it happen is another......

Comment

Working...
                              X