Rhys Millen Racing (Hiring)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhys Millen Racing (Hiring)

Rhys Millen Racing is looking for a new full time warehouse/shipping/parts-runner/whatever else we need you to do person.
    • They will assist in everyday tasks of our sales dept. shipping product and picking up parts.
    • Must be available to work some long days if needed to help load for an event or finish projects before deadlines.
    • knowledge of what an intake and exhaust looks like is prefered.

This person will have the option to go to attend all local race/show events with the team and of course discounts on product is a benifet aswell. To enquire email Blair at Blairs@rmrproducts.com and we will set up a day to interview. Thanks!

R Millen Motorsport, Inc.
    17471 Apex Circle
    Huntington Beach, CA 92647

where are you guys located, could you provide living accomdations/assistance for a little bit ??

Comment

yeah id love to do this but im pretty sure you guys arent in the atlanta area.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamRMR
        R Millen Motorsport, Inc.
        17471 Apex Circle
        Huntington Beach, CA 92647
        my guess would be...

Comment

yeah... we're in So. Cal. I'm not sure we could help with the living expences. Theres a leather couch in the show room you could crash on...JK.

Comment

Thanks Alex for the Edit... Do you really read every post?

Comment

I'm perfectly qualified, but California has wussy-boy supermodifieds (no movable top wings, no independent front suspensions, and 70% weight offset instead of 68%) so I'll pass.

Comment

Dang it Octagon!! You’re the only reason I posted the job on this forum. We need you to design our next circle track wing! Forget it everyone... The positions closed.

Comment

add in that couch and possibly a water hose for showering, and im in!

Comment

???`

so whats going on here??? you dont email?

Comment

Come to Atl and I will work for ya!

Comment

Well, don't go closing the position just yet. And you can always have me as a consultant.

For starters, I'll tell you this right now; if they haven't banned it look into a pneumatic air strut pivot system to allow your deck wing to flatten out at speed and snap up under braking.

Allow me to illustrate.

Wing angle at speed.

Wing angle when decelerating because air pressure on wing isn't nearly as great

\
                        \
                        \
                        \
                        \

If you used the deck wing you've got on the car right now, you'd need a mild scissor hinge mount and you could vary the pneumatics about 30psi depending on track conditions.

For Wall, you'd really put a ton of pressure into the strut, keeping that wing up under the high speed and allowing Rhys to have a wider "grip buffer" on higher speed portions of the circuit.

Now, at a track like Texas last year, keep only enough pressure in the strut to pop it up during the lowest speed portions of the run, but get it flat during the rest of the run, keeping drag and downforce off the tail for more rear end movement.

It'd take a little fiddling to nail it on a Pontiac GTO, but it's worked on supermodifieds since the early 70's.

Here you can see supermod wings flattened out at speed. Also notice that the #26's tail is very high in this shot. That car is an Allegresso-Bartel chassis. The wing's rear strut is attached to the coil-over pivot point on the rear suspension in such a way so that the rear end is lifted, cleaning up the air that travels to the tail tank wings that's usually dirtied by the rear suspension and axle.

And here you see the same car with the wing up and the tail slapped down. Allegresso-Bartels violently drop the tail on the track under deceleration because of the strut/coil-over design I mentioned. Believe it or not, this actually helps the car because it "slaps" the weight transfer on the rear tires and gives a ton of grip to the driver, allowing him to nail the throttle off the corner.

And, by the way, both of these shots were taken at Wall Stadium last year.

Here's the race. http://www.jerseyracing.com/051504isma1.wmv
                        Last edited by Octagon; 04-27-2005, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon
                          Well, don't go closing the position just yet. And you can always have me as a consultant.

For starters, I'll tell you this right now; if they haven't banned it look into a pneumatic air strut pivot system to allow your deck wing to flatten out at speed and snap up under braking.

Allow me to illustrate.

Wing angle at speed.

Wing angle when decelerating because air pressure on wing isn't nearly as great

\
                          \
                          \
                          \
                          \

If you used the deck wing you've got on the car right now, you'd need a mild scissor hinge mount and you could vary the pneumatics about 30psi depending on track conditions.

For Wall, you'd really put a ton of pressure into the strut, keeping that wing up under the high speed and allowing Rhys to have a wider "grip buffer" on higher speed portions of the circuit.

Now, at a track like Texas last year, keep only enough pressure in the strut to pop it up during the lowest speed portions of the run, but get it flat during the rest of the run, keeping drag and downforce off the tail for more rear end movement.

It'd take a little fiddling to nail it on a Pontiac GTO, but it's worked on supermodifieds since the early 70's.

Here you can see supermod wings flattened out at speed. Also notice that the #26's tail is very high in this shot. That car is an Allegresso-Bartel chassis. The wing's rear strut is attached to the coil-over pivot point on the rear suspension in such a way so that the rear end is lifted, cleaning up the air that travels to the tail tank wings that's usually dirtied by the rear suspension and axle.

And here you see the same car with the wing up and the tail slapped down. Allegresso-Bartels violently drop the tail on the track under deceleration because of the strut/coil-over design I mentioned. Believe it or not, this actually helps the car because it "slaps" the weight transfer on the rear tires and gives a ton of grip to the driver, allowing him to nail the throttle off the corner.

And, by the way, both of these shots were taken at Wall Stadium last year.

Here's the race. http://www.jerseyracing.com/051504isma1.wmv

dang, i'm confused! i get the end part ( the slapping the weight transfer)

Comment

Okay, which part in particular confuses you? If it's the wing setup, here's a good close-up of the wing mounts. You can see the pneumatic air strut in the back.

Here you can see the air strut connected to the rear axle. When the wing is depressed, it places all the downforce on the rear axle (instead of the bodywork where its force would be wasted on the suspension).

However, the connection to the axle is at the trailing arm/jacob's ladder union. The intended effect is to raise the frame on the suspension. As you can see in the picture, the suspension is right in front of the rear tail tank wings. This, naturally, means for fairly ineffective wings when the car's suspension is in its natural state (resting angle). However, when the suspension droops, it's out of the way of the wings and they can function cleanly.

Now, the (equally planned) effect of this is that it creates a natural weight transfer. Under acceleration, where the wing is flattening out, weight is actually being jacked forward keeping the steering from going light and darty on the driver (and taking stress off of the all important right rear tire). Under deceleration, the tail is slapped onto the ground, planting the tires so that the car doesn't get squirrelly and want to swap ends and also giving the rear tires that added bite.

Basically, the rear suspension of the car is designed to offset front to rear weight transfer, and it uses the movement of the top wing to manage the transfer amount.

Comment

whats the pay rate? for being a RMR golpher?

Comment

Working...
                              X