about your tires...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about your tires...

im new to the board, and I hope to meet some cool people, but I was wondering, how much do you spend on tires, do you goto the junkyard, or just buy them new?

welcome to the boards.....

i get my tires used for a "special" price cause i have a hook up at a local tire shop..... other than that, the best thing to do would probably be to go to maybe a performance shop and see if you can get used tires from them, cause most normal shops wont even sell you used tires, even if you are just going to use them at the track*wink wink*.....

godd luck with tires and welcome to d.com.

Comment

like silverghost, i also get my used tires at a local tire shop that sells used tires. my used tires are 25 bucks, good thread. i always buy a pair and since the guy in the shop always sees me, he gives it to me about 40 a pair.

Comment

I use two sets of rims, one for street (Sticky-Grippy) And a set purly for the rear for drifting which are used tires i get from Canadian Tire.

Comment

intresting... ill have to look into talkin to my local tire shop. thanks all

Comment

yeah, when my new t/b comes and i can fix my 240, i will use some 14's as my slide rims, i will have to change all 4 cause my car has snow tires in the winter....

yeah, i usually get my tires free....if i have to pay, it will be for the mounting of the tires on my rims....lol

Comment

I use 17inch rears for practice 215 ~ 255s / 40~45 / 17s

usually buy them NEW
              but sometimes get a couple DRIFTED laps tires for free or low cost. when you have 12 rims keeping tires on them is difficult.

Comment

Depends on what type of event. If its a real event then I will use new tires that will give me longer life than used tires and I can trust the sidewalls are strong. If its just for practice then I use tires from the local tire companies trash bin. Usually a local tire shop will have to pay a disposal fee to get rid of the used tires from customers cars. Some of them will leave the tires out in front of the shop, or in a bin for the tire disposal people to pick them up in the morning. But I also consider it an invitation for people to take them. From the tire shops point of view this actually saves them money. I've asked many tire shop owners if it was OK, and they all turned their shoulder. This tells me its OK but they just dont want to know about it. And I totally understand, because from the legal point of view, it would be a bad idea for them to sell you used tires, or even give them to you. If you crashed, they would be legally liable and possibly sued. But if they dont know about it, then its fine with them because there is no risk. I found that the hard part is not actually getting the used tires, but getting them mounted. The people that mount the tire are held by the same legal standards as the tire shop owners. So you pretty much need a hookup to get them mounted. Someone that will trust you. I have 12 wheels for drifting (all 15x7) and the most tires I've been able to fit in the back of my truck is 23.

Comment

Working...
                X