Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing the Touge DVD

The trailer is up on the site.

First Press Release for Chasing the Touge has been released. Be sure to check out our new Desktop Wallpapers with images from On the Scene: Chasing the Touge.

We are currently in post-production for the fifth volume of the On the Scene Series. We have wrapped up all filming and currently working on sound and graphics as we approach completion of this title. In this project, we explore the world of underground canyon racing like never before. Spanning months of filming, we capture the essence of this lifestyle and the people and events that surround it.

On our last day of shooting, we joined M7 tuning at the "coffee shop" for their weekly gathering. Then its off to an undisclosed canyon road with a group of Mini coopers that show you don't need horsepower to tame the touge. It was cold as hell on our final day of shooting, but we managed to survive the ride and the canyon roads and came away with some awesome video footage. Thanks to all who came out and participated.

Photos:

We join the Gravel Crew as they test out their tuned WRXs at an undisclosed locations. Winding roads filled with dirt, rocks, etc. and our on board cameras barely survived the trek. The roads were scary as hell filled with blind turns, switch backs, and crazy drivers makes for some interesting footage.

Photos:

We travel to an undisclosed location to talk about the history of the Touge here in the USA. We interviewed Rodney Wills from Racer Magazine, to get a perspective on the sport compact market and its ties to the canyons. We were fortunate enough to have some local drivers join us for this shoot, including a Supercharged BMW, S2000, RX-7 FC, and RB Motoring's Lancer Evo which unfortunately caught a flat in the canyons.

Photos:

We feature Calvin Wan as we travel to Formula D in Sonoma, CA. We follow him through his preparation and competition against some of the top drifters in the USA. It was an exciting event as we saw Calvin go head to head against Vaughn Gittin, Benson Hsu, Samuel Hubinette, and Rhys Millen. While we were in Nor cal, we also had the opportunity to join some locals for some touge runs in the canyons south of San Francisco. It was a fast and frightening night, but thanks to all the crazy people up there who made this happen and opened up their lives to us.

Photos from Formula D:

On location at Tombstone, for an exclusive Rally X that pitted some of the best local rally racers in heated competition. Daytime, nighttime, dirt, and mud were all on hand as we saw the top drivers from the Gravel Crew fight for the top spot.

Photos from Tombstone:

We traveled to the Rim of the World to show how canyon racing has led into professional rally racing as these are some of the most extreme mountain roads that you will ever see. We were joined by the Gravel Crew for some night time canyon runs that almost left us permanently in the canyons.

Photos from Rim of the World:

Last edited by AllMotorKing; 05-26-2005, 08:40 AM.

kool....do you have like a video teaser

Comment

DAMN, that video looks pretty good! Look how much air that damn 86 has, wow definatly am gonna buy it!

Comment

We're finishing it up this week and will have the trailer in a week or so. We're trying to have ready by the sema IAS show.

Comment

dude that is wicked sweet, flying carolla!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AllMotorKing
            We're finishing it up this week and will have the trailer in a week or so. We're trying to have ready by the sema IAS show.
            cant wait!!! Did you get scott pee'ing in the dumpster? LOL...so many antics on that trip.

Comment

Killer...Gravel Crew!

Comment

eheh

I know where that is the first and 4th picture I heard they just hired 10 new chp officers to watch that canyon.......

Comment

Originally posted by monkeymagic
                  I know where that is the first and 4th picture I heard they just hired 10 new chp officers to watch that canyon.......
                  ouch!..before the dvd is even out they got cops watching already hahahahaaa

Comment

Can't wait to see my guys on that DVD!

Comment

we'll be at rim of the world this sat. gravel crew is setting up the ss stage and the car show. don't miss out on the ss stage this year. i got word yesterday that it's going to go off more than last year.

3 laps around the course this time; bigger water hazards, jumps and a crossover section between the 2 lanes. sick!

Comment

I cant wait to see the vid of you guys hitting up my local touge

Comment

Originally posted by monkeymagic
                          I cant wait to see the vid of you guys hitting up my local touge
                          And I hope you enjoy the movie, because you certainly won't be enjoying it yourself since it will be covered in cops/ricers soon after the DVD is released.

Comment

yeah...its already covered in cops now and for the ricer just race them and make um crash lol jk kinda rrrrr lol o well theres many more mountains close to me

Comment

We never have seen you up there hmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X