Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORMULA D TV #5 (New Jersey Coverage)

Text by G4

By now you know who the top drivers are and the ins and outs of drifting, but you haven’t seen anything until you’ve been to a Formula Drift event. Join us as G4 heads to Wall, New Jersey for 2005’s first competitive drift event and watch as the pros and newcomers go head-to-head in tandem matches that will leave your head spinning and your heart racing. Find out who will spin out and who will take home the trophies.

PREMIERE DATE: 5/8/2005
    NEXT AIRING: 5/8/2005 10pm ET / 7pm PT

more repeats

Round 1 - Wall, NJ
    This episode also airs on:
    5/9/2005 2am ET / 11pm PT

5/9/2005 9am ET / 6am PT

5/9/2005 1pm ET / 10am PT

5/11/2005 6pm ET / 3pm PT

5/12/2005 11am ET / 8am PT

5/14/2005 4pm ET / 1pm PT

5/14/2005 10pm ET / 7pm PT

5/15/2005 2am ET / 11pm PT

5/15/2005 9am ET / 6am PT

I should add that Sunday we will repeat every episode of Formula D as well as the 2 episodes of our show Sweat that covered the Irwindale FD finals from 2004 and the Need For Speed Underground 2 launch party drift event.

You can get details at www.g4tv.com/formulad

Comment

Nice..more content than you can shake a stick at..
      keep it comming...

Comment

towards the end there was way to much commercials, like every 5 min

Comment

we're thinking about ways to improve our event coverage for Atlanta. ANy feedback that you guys miught have on last night's Wall, NJ coverage would be helpful.

thanks in advance!

J

Comment

have a camera at every corner, and you should have like an arial camera, so that you can see the whole turn or even the whole track maybe. or maybe you just need to find some better angles.

Comment

Originally posted by G4tv
              we're thinking about ways to improve our event coverage for Atlanta. ANy feedback that you guys miught have on last night's Wall, NJ coverage would be helpful.

thanks in advance!

J

you need more than just 1 guy doing commentary.

maybe two people or three people, have the judges get in on it, kind of like the d1 style. only hearing 1 person kind of makes it tough to deal with for all those battles.

then after that.

maybe have some quick information on the car and its horsepower and what not come on the screen before hand and show what the drivers name is on screen with their car ?

i dunno

Comment

well im not picky and I thought that It couldn't have been any better. Awesome job guys. Although I really do think Alex got cheated out of the win...

Comment

yeah and if you do another carshow segment please dont do that annoying whistle.

yeah some base stats at the top of the screen. like name their cars chasis code engine and hp that would help keep things more interesting to see how much some of the new people are pushing and what engines they have in the cars.

Comment

judges need to commentate. Period. Get someone to translate Tarzan, and get his opinions.

Explain the judging better- like where it starts on the track, what the judges are really looking for (whats the most important part of a good run? Closeness to the wall? Speed? Angle? Line?), and explain the tsuisou judging.

And the commentator- the "Voice of Drifting"- needs to educate himself a little better. Learn that the letter "O" doesnt sound like "U". I cant count the number of times he said "Taka A-ah-new". Sorry, thats harsh, but it drove me nuts. His commentary on the actual runs was flawed too. he was wrong most of the time about what was going on, and thats why he needs to either commentate WITH the judges or to be axed.

not to be a jerk, but thats how I feel.

Ill keep watching Formula D- but only because right now you have a monopoly on US TV drifting coverage, and I like drifting more than I like most TV shows. Plus, I cant really travel to every FD event to gather my own opinions and see it for myself, so Ive got to trust you guys to bring it to me. the truth is, Id much rather see it presented more like a race event. go watch some Option videos and model your coverage off that. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by MATT BACK VASS
                      you need more than just 1 guy doing commentary.

maybe two people or three people, have the judges get in on it, kind of like the d1 style. only hearing 1 person kind of makes it tough to deal with for all those battles.
                      yea. even if it's only background noise with the judges squabbling in japanese it would be cool.

Comment

Great Job! Loved it!

Comment

I really enjoyed the show! I would honestly like to see more converage of the entire day then any car show stuff, etc. I really respect JRods work at the events, but the guy could use a co-host or two.

I thought the camera work was good, and everything else went really well. Proud to have you guys doing this G4. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Rob and Matt,
                            Regarding the commentary on the drifting.
                            I agree that there could be one more person breaking down the technical side of teh drift.
                            As you know I'm the color commentator, "over the top" kind of like Harrey Carrey or John Madden you know!

Well I think what we could do with showing why a driver moves on, or wins would be have a quick breakdown from a judge right after the battles.

Also, we don't need it like D1 or like any other DVD series, you know why?
                            Because we're Formula D not some Japanese DVD series, why have "Japanese Mumbling" you don't even know what they say, that's lame!

That's what I like about FD I bet if we knew half the stuff Orido and Keichi were saying we'd say "shut up" too.

I do agree we need some more technical feedback from teh judges.

Again I'm "The voice of Formula D" not the technical analyst so let's see what G4 comes up wuth but we're seriously maing history.

G4 is investing a lot of money into drifting and with more money involved in drifting means more impressions and more media and impressions equal companies seeing the opportunity.
                            Drifting is here to stay and FD is here to stay,so but constructive and not destuctive as we're by the drifter for the drifters!!!

Thanks again for the support of FD, G4 and FD TV!

June 5th FD Round 2 ATL.

Comment

mayleen is a good co host, does the main host have to shout the entire time? How bout some postproduction commentary to add some more story to the battle. We already know its not a live show, and a lot of people already konw the results of the show, so why not give us more insight on the back stories.How bout picking a couple of drivers for each event and do a follow them type thing, everyone had issues going into the event, and it would give more character to the drivers. (for example, like the show the contender, its not great boxing that makes the show, its the stories behind the competitors that make it great)

Comment

Working...
                              X