World of Drift(vid2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Drift(vid2)

ok guys..here's the full version of the World of Drift video. Big thanks to iownju for hosting it...enjoy

http://iownju.spymac.net/The_World_of_Drift.avi

Well, based on this vid and many other clips I have seen, it seems like the general drifting population of australia/NZ is better than the US general population. They seem to consistently execute quick, smooth, smoky drifts. In fact, their style reminds me of the japanese style. So does anybody agree with me? If so, then can you figure out why they seem to be better than us? Is it the ease they have in importing sweet japanese cars???

Comment

i think its the fact that they ahve tons of open areas and they are not scared of getting busted

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
        Well, based on this vid and many other clips I have seen, it seems like the general drifting population of australia/NZ is better than the US general population. They seem to consistently execute quick, smooth, smoky drifts. In fact, their style reminds me of the japanese style. So does anybody agree with me? If so, then can you figure out why they seem to be better than us? Is it the ease they have in importing sweet japanese cars???
        The only japanese drift cars they have that we dont are Silvia's being SR powered stock..But anyone who drifts a 240 in the US has an SR swap so there really isn't that much of a difference. They may have more legal places to practice compared to a track day here and there in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by nitroboy24
          The only japanese drift cars they have that we dont are Silvia's being SR powered stock..But anyone who drifts a 240 in the US has an SR swap so there really isn't that much of a difference. They may have more legal places to practice compared to a track day here and there in the US.
          They even have a drift park for drifting only, its not cuz our ethnicity, its just more practice. We could have someone test it, go to japan and learn how to drift there, and see if you are better than some of the US drivers

Comment

How often do you guys have practice days over in the US?
            Here in Adelaide (South Australia) we have about 1 per month, and have had since about... August last year. Before that there were fewer.

Comment

Originally posted by nitroboy24
              The only japanese drift cars they have that we dont are Silvia's being SR powered stock.
              And skylines, and cefiro's, and laurels... basically anything with an RB engine or a CA18DET or SR20DET like a GTiR Pulsar (although you wouldn't be able to drift that unless you were clinically insane).

The drifting population in Australia's smaller than the US, and our spectator population is even smaller. The cars and the parts however are pretty cheap (even cheaper in NZ tho) and we have practice nights at least once a month. Also we have about 4 different organising groups who seem to be always disagreeing with each other... sigh... politics.

Comment

Working...
              X