• Show
Clear All

• Formula D (Event Schedule)

The Formula D event schedule as follows:

April 24-25, 2004: Road Atlanta Braselton, Georgia

June 12, 2004: Reliant Center Houston, Texas

July 11, 2004: Infineon Raceway Sonoma, California

August 29, 2004: Irwindale Speedway Irwindale, California

See press release on main page for more info. More details and event features to come. Rule book to be released soon. As of now Championship purse estimated at 30k

Press Release:
    http://www.drifting.com/article.php?...st&show_Title=

What exactly will vision entertainment's part in this be? I know the press release said they'll have car shows but does that mean they are going to be doing something different in the near future? Fill us in. Theres already the D1 Grand Prix, what would two drifting series in one country accomplish? Will these events be open to Americans only or will Japanese contenders be welcome to compete?

Just wanted to know the specifics.

Comment

The details of Vision involvement are being hammered right now, however they have basically commited to facilitate the carshow portion of the event. As far as them doing anything in the drifting world you would have to ask them. My info as of now says no.

D1 is one event a year for invited Japanese drivers and invited Americans. As of now that is all they have planned. Who knows what the future holds. So what else after February in the world of drifting

Our series is 4 events designed to allow Non-D1 drivers (predominantly American drivers) the ability to strengthen their ability on professional courses in hopes that they would one day be able to compete at the level of D1 drivers. This allows drifting to become more exciting faster. Some Americans now are almost exceling to that level. Any individual is allowed to participate in the series. Meaning Europeans and non-D1 Japanese drivers and Americans are welcome to the series. Please post any other questions you have. I hope I was clear.

Comment

hah if we decide to invite japanese D1 drivers..its over there's just no competetion there. not to offend many of you competetors but drifting is just still too new here.

Comment

Originally posted by sidebyslide
          hah if we decide to invite japanese D1 drivers..its over there's just no competetion there. not to offend many of you competetors but drifting is just still too new here.
          We are new to drifting and I don't know a heck a lot about it. I've spent the last 10 years trying to set up for the right amount of grip or lack of it. Looks like it will be fun though.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want the pro's participating also. From what I've seen in the past that is how you learn to get better. You are generally only as good as your competition.

Also if you don't plant the seed and fertilize it, it's just not going to grow. I know of 1 that will be making every event on the schedule.

Just my 2 pennies worth,

Comment

What happened to Ocala?

Comment

Originally posted by aphxero
              What happened to Ocala?
              US Drift is showing April 4 Ocala GP/Orlando, FL

Comment

We'll have the pro's out there, but just not for competition. For exhibition. We want one of you guys to go home with the crowd. Plus the D1 schedule in Japan conflicts with the drivers coming over so often.

Comment

I cant stand vision, they're going to bring in the rice fools

Comment

we'll keep them at bay. lol.

Comment

i understand, its just that everything vision is synonymous with i wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole, i may try this out though.

Comment

you make good points. we promise to keep your interests in mind.

Comment

What are the car and driver requirments going to be? (role cage, fire system, scca competion licsense etc.)

Comment

the rule book is done and being reviewed and then printed. Email me a question and I will try to answer it. I would love to get your feedback. We can make adjustments if the drivers feel that is needed

Comment

Is there going to be qualifying? How many cars in the main event? Does a driver have to make all four events to be in contention for the championship or will there be a piont drop.

Comment

Working...
                              X