Burke Lakefront Drifting Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burke Lakefront Drifting Demo

All right, the Champ Car series weekend at Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland, Ohio is going to have a Formula Drift demonstration and I need to know which drivers are planning on attending and driving.

You see, the Midwest Supermodified Association is going to have 5 (or more) supermodifieds on display at Cleveland, as well as our souveneir trailer and said supermods' drivers and mechanics.

I'm extending my own personal invitation as an erstwhile emissary of the world's fastest short track machines to the drifting world for any and all Formula Drift drivers to please stop by the MSA display area and talk racing with us, investigate the cars, and find out what it takes to lap Wall Stadium's oval in less than 15 seconds.

When's it go down?
    edit - Found it

Cleveland Grand Prix

"Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland officials today announced the on-track lineup for this summer’s 24th annual Roar by the Shore event, to be held June 24-26 at Burke Lakefront Airport."

"One of the hottest and most popular spectacles in motorsports will also make its Cleveland debut this season as the Formula Drift exhibition will be featured during Grand Prix weekend. Drifting is the art of controlling a car sliding sideways and as close to out-of-control as possible, with drivers judged on style and showmanship, rather than speed. The exhibition, featuring the top drivers of the Formula Drift Championship, is sure to be a hit with fans as drivers try to tame high-performance beasts on the quick but forgiving airport runway course."

edit again - Hey- "Orders for 15 or more tickets may take a 10% discount"
    Anyone wanna go? We can see some cool racing and drifting too.
    Last edited by soultron; 05-11-2005, 06:26 AM.

Comment

I'm interested ......

Comment

If anyone else is want to go in on tickets, I'll when out when and where it's going on, and we can try to get in on the 10%. Otherwise anyone just wanna meet there?

Comment

It'd be cool. How much are tickets straight up? Keep in mind, I only plan on going for Speed World Challenge, the MSA display, and the Formula Drift demo.

F*ck Paul Gentilozzi and Kevin Kahlkoven and their concerted effort to screw up open wheel racing in America as well as SCCA Trans Am.

Comment

Here the info from the PDF on the Grand Prix Website -

When every I find out when the demo is from Formula D, we can figure out what day to get and when to go.

edit - There's reason I'm not paid to be an event organizer.

from the grand prix site - FRIDAY 7:40 PM 8:05 PM Drifting Exhibition
            Standing room only tickets are $5.00. I guess you're free to walk around, like at an all day outdoor concert, so that sounds good.
            Last edited by soultron; 05-12-2005, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X